717

Beautiful Lanterns on the 15th

The Ping Palace had come to invite her but never thought that they would run into Xuan Tian Ming and Xuan Tian Hua. For a while, the two sides looked at each other, and the servant of the Ping Palace felt even more awkward.

Xuan Tian Ming asked him: “Just how much of a stir has old fourth caused in his palace?”

Before the servant could reply, Feng Xiang Rong let out a yelp from inside the carriage and shouted: “No matter how much of a stir, I won’t go! Go back and tell him to play on his own!”

Xuan Tian Ming spread his hand, “You’ve heard it. Go back and tell His Highness about it.”

The servant was very troubled, as he could only bite the bullet and beg Xiang Rong for a little while longer. Seeing that Xiang Rong was refusing to relent, he knew that he definitely would not be able to do anything about it. Thus he saluted to Xuan Tian Ming and Xuan Tian Hua then moved to leave; however, he then heard Xiang Rong say: “After he’s done looking at the lanterns, have him write what he’s learned then have him embroider the scene of the lanterns hanging in the Ping Palace. I’ll give him half a month. After half a month, I will go to the Ping Palace to retrieve the embroidery.”

The servant had a bitter expression. The person could not be invited and ended up receiving a mission to be brought back. Who knew if his master would end up tearing his skin off after he went back.

Watching the Ping Palace’s carriage depart, Xuan Tian Ming’s group also climbed back into the carriage. At this time, they looked over and saw that Xiang Rong no longer had that willful look. She was sitting furthest inside the carriage with her head down. Her face was red and did not even dare look over.

Xuan Tian Ming laughed and asked Feng Yu Heng: “Where did your younger sister’s earlier obstinance go?”

Xiang Rong lowered her head even more.

Xuan Tian Hua was rather proficient at understanding the feelings of others and did not say anything. He just sat back down in his former spot. The imperial carriage set out once more and headed toward the liveliest street in the capital.

They thought at first that they would just go and see some lanterns; however, they had clearly underestimated the disturbance that would be caused by two princes. There was naturally no need to speak about Xuan Tian Hua. He was refined like a deity, and it made people not dare approach, as they would watch from afar. As for Xuan Tian Ming’s face after he removed the mask, the people hated that they could not go up and feel it. Regardless of whether it was men or women, once they walked past, everyone’s gaze would focus on them. This left Feng Yu Heng really wanting to gouge out the eyes of those that looked at Xuan Tian Ming.

Fortunately, there were quite a few vendors that sold masks. For the sake of going with the celebratory atmosphere, the masks were very colorful and very beautiful. Feng Yu Heng personally chose a fox mask for Xuan Tian Hua, a tiger mask for Xuan Tian Ming and a demon mask for Xiang Rong. She herself put on a man’s mask.

With masks covering their faces, even Xiang Rong, who had always been following behind Xuan Tian Hua, found the courage to dare walk with him. From time to time, she could also make a joke with Feng Yu Heng and call Xuan Tian Ming second brother-in-law, which made the atmosphere very cheerful.

It was just that Xiang Rong’s gaze mostly still lingered on Xuan Tian Hua. She did not dare look at him directly. She could only take a few glances from the side. For the most part, she would be looking at him from the back. But the more she looked, the more she felt that the seventh prince was far away from her. He was so far that she could not reach him. She did not even dare to secretly touch his sleeve. The bold and relaxed feeling that she had when facing the fourth prince, Xuan Tian Yi, could not be felt when dealing with Xuan Tian Hua. As long as Xuan Tian Hua was present, she would be the former Xiang Rong. The third young miss of the Feng manor with the least courage. Xiang Rong really wanted to change herself; however, she could not change herself no matter what.