682

Fen Dai’s Idea

Using Xiang Rong and the seventh prince as bait, Feng Fen Dai succeeded in inviting Feng Zhao Lian into the Feng residence before bringing him to her own courtyard.

At this time, the child left behind by Han shi was crying and causing a fuss. Feng Zhao Lian had always been someone that spoke without a filter, asking Fen Dai: “Oh! Fourth young miss already gave birth to a child?” This question left Fen Dai fuming with rage.

Fortunately, Dong Ying was sharp and quickly explained: “It’s the child of a relative, and they have come to live for a while.”

“Oh.” Feng Zhao Lian nodded and did not continue to speak on this topic.

Fen Dai forcefully endured the anger in her chest. The smile continued to linger on her face, as she invited them inside. While walking, she endlessly criticized him internally. This woman looked very beautiful, but why did she feel that she was lacking in thoughtfulness? This was the first time that they had met. Was this any way to speak? Even asking if she had given birth to a child, how could a daughter that had not yet gotten married give birth to a child? Thinking like this, she could not help but feel even more hatred for the young child.

Speaking of, that child was now one year old, and he was taken care of by a wet nurse and maidservants; however, in the end, he was a taboo to the members of the Feng family. Nobody wished to ask about him. Only the wet nurse and the maidservant took care of him with all their heart because they were being paid by the imperial daughter’s manor. Fortunately, Feng Yu Heng had always kept a hidden guard on this side to protect him. After suffering a loss, Feng Fen Dai did not dare take action against this child any further.

Unfortunately, Han shi had been on edge when pregnant with him, and she had given birth to him prematurely. The child had a congenital weakness. The doctors from Hundred Herb Hall shook their heads after coming for an examination. They said that he was not expected to live past three years of age. Since that was the case, Fen Dai gave up on the idea of killing him.

Feng Zhao Lian was the first to visit the Feng residence; however, he did not have any intention of admiring Feng Yu Heng’s family. Upon entering the room, he grabbed Fen Dai and asked: “Quickly speak, what exactly is the situation between your residence’s third young miss and the seventh prince?”

Fen Dai was no longer in a rush. While sending a servant to fetch tea, she advised another to fetch some pastries. After everything was laid out properly, she asked in confusion: “What is it, did my second sister not tell miss?”

Feng Zhao Lian shook his head, “I never heard about it!”

“That’s true.” Fen Dai spoke as if she had expected it: “If miss really has been moved by his Highness the seventh prince, you would be third sister’s enemy. How could second sister help an outsider steal a man from her own sister.”

“That’s not the important part!” Fen Dai had deliberately tried to provoke him, but Feng Zhao Lian did not think anything of it, “Who A-Heng helps and doesn’t help is up to her own desires. Either way, it does not matter to us. I’ll just ask you, what exactly is going on with the residence’s third young miss and the seventh prince?”

“About that! The story will be long if we talk about that!” Fen Dai deliberately spoke in an affected tone. When Feng Zhao Lian expressed that it did not matter if it took a bit longer. There was no need to summarize, and she could take her time to speak in detail. Only then did Fen Dai settle herself and begin to recount the small bit of a relationship between Xiang Rong and the seventh prince while adding and embellishing greatly.

When she reached the part about the seventh prince having sent Xiang Rong a dress, Feng Zhao Lian stomped his foot in anger: “Hah! It’s my fault for coming to the capital so late.”