627

The Eighth Prince of Legend, Prince Sheng

The faces of the Lu family’s members collapsed after hearing this report. Even Lu Yao never thought that Feng Yu Heng would actually send someone to provide reparations. She angrily said to Lu Song: “Father, that imperial daughter Ji An is clearly humiliating daughter!”

Lu Song hated that he could not slap his daughter to death. He had finally managed to reach the position of left prime minister, but why was the eldest daughter of the first wife so lacking in intelligence? “If she’s humiliating you, that just serves you right!” He pointed at Lu Yao and said: “If you knew what would happen today, why did you allow that servant go and cause trouble at the embroidery store? You went and humiliated her younger sister first. That is an imperial daughter that earned her own position with her military and medical merits. Even the Emperor needs to give her a bit of face, yet you went ahead and humiliated this sort of person’s younger sister. That she did not kill you on the spot is already lucky enough for you. You’ve had your fun!”

After saying this, he flicked his sleeve and said to madam Ge shi: “Come with this prime minister to see the people from the imperial daughter’s manor.”

Ge shi immediately nodded. Right before leaving, she did not forget to glare fiercely at Lu Yao, spitting out: “You really aren’t able to do anything right!”

At this time, Wang Chuan had already been brought into the main hall of the left prime minister’s manor. She was seated in the guest’s spot and sipping tea. To her side, there were a few servants from the imperial daughter’s manor holding the fabric. Although they were normal servants, they all had an abnormal manner. With faint smiles on their faces, it seemed as though they were there to be admired.

Seeing Lu Song and Ge shi come in, Wang Chuan put down her teacup and stood up. Taking a couple steps forward, she bowed: “This servant, Wang Chuan, greets lord prime minister and madam.”

Lu Song could not really say too much to a servant, only saying: “Miss, you’re being too modest.” He then gestured to his own wife.

Ge shi was very smart and quickly went forward to help Wang Chuan stand up. With a smile on her face, she looked to be very kind: “Quickly, please stand. You’re the miss Wang Chuan that stays at imperial daughter’s side, right? You really are quite beautiful.” She looked at Wang Chuan with a sincere expression. At the same time, she shoved something into Wang Chuan’s hand from under her sleeve before letting her go, “Miss, please sit.”

Wang Chuan smiled and calmly held the thing that madam Lu had just placed in her hand. It was a gold ingot that was quite heavy. “Lord prime minister and madam are too modest. This servant came today to bring the Sichuan brocade as reparation for the imperial daughter’s younger sister.” As she said this, she retrieved the brocade from a servant. While showing it, she explained it to the Lu family couple: “We already looked at the Sichuan brocade that had been ruined and found that it was of lower quality. Imperial daughter specifically told this servant to choose six bolts for the second young miss. Aside from making wedding clothes, the remainder can be used to make some clothes that will be worn more frequently. Consider it apologizing for a mistake committed by the Feng family’s third young miss and his Highness the fourth prince.”

At the same moment she mentioned Xiang Rong, she specifically emphasized the fourth prince, Xuan Tian Yi. Sure enough, Lu Song and his wife were scared witless upon hearing mention of the fourth prince. Ge shi quickly asked: “His Highness the fourth prince? Why apologize for a mistake for his Highness?”

Lu Song clenched his fists and gently sighed, correcting: “Even the Feng family’s third young miss is without fault. This matter was initially that Lu Yao’s fault. For imperial daughter to have not punished Lu Yao’s crime is already a grand grace.”