666

Emperor and Imperial Concubine Return in the Same Carriage

Imperial concubine Yun wanting to see Yao Xian was not outside of Feng Yu Heng’s expectations. She just never understood what sort of connection imperial concubine Yun had with Yao Xian.

She had asked Yao Xian about this question, but Yao Xian also could not figure it out. The body’s original owner’s memories could only recall imperial concubine Yun being beaten when she entered the palace. Yao Xian had once helped heal imperial concubine Yun’s skin, but there was not much else. But imperial concubine Yun seemed to have some sort of other thoughts that caused Feng Yu Heng to look forward to it the entire time without knowing what it was.

Now that imperial concubine Yun brought it up, she thought about it seriously then carefully asked: “Imperial concubine mother, pardon A-Heng for asking, but would you seeing my grandfather cause father Emperor to be unhappy if he found out?”

Imperial concubine Yun was stunned then managed to react, realizing that this child had most likely misunderstood. She could not help but giggle, “The old man and Yao Xian are friends, but to this One, he is just an elder. What is there for him to be unhappy about. Does he concern himself with that much?”

Feng Yu Heng heard her say this and calmed down, but she still thought a bit and said: “Seeing him is fine, but imperial concubine mother should still follow father Emperor back to the palace. You also know that the Yao family is currently celebrating. I fear that the manor will be very busy for the next few days. In any case, it will need to wait until the newly-wed wife has visited her old home after three days before things can calm down. When that time comes, A-Heng will bring grandfather into the palace to see you. Is that alright?”

Imperial concubine Yun did not make a sound and pondered for a while. She did not continue to trouble her, only nodding, “Forget it, this One will go back.” Once this was said, the look of indifference disappeared slightly and was replaced by that spoiled look from when Feng Yu Heng had visited the Winter Moon Palace in the past.

Imperial concubine Yun was not someone that failed to grasp the bigger picture. Now that she was not in the palace, the Emperor chased her over to the Chun Palace. If something happened in court, this was not a responsibility that she could bear. Even if she did not care about this country, she still needed to think about the two princes.

Once she made her decision, imperial concubine Yun did not continue to wait. She was a joyful person and immediately stood up. After taking her final sip of tea, she raised her head slightly and said to Feng Yu Heng: “Send this One back!”

Feng Yu Heng quickly went to her side to support her, leading her out one step at a time. The servants outside were certain that Feng Yu Heng would definitely be able to convince imperial concubine Yun to return to the imperial palace. They were not surprised and just quietly followed behind. They all looked dignified and calm, as they were all palace servants that had worked in Winter Moon Palace.

Imperial concubine Yun came out. Although this was within expectations, it was also unexpected. The reason it was “unexpected” was not that she did not want to go back. Instead, it was that she would want to appear in front of the Emperor like this.

The Emperor’s eyes were staring straight forward. If it was said that he had only been occupied with feeling emotional during the previous encounter, he was feeling extremely happy this time. Moreover, it was currently the day time. The day was clear. It had rained during the morning, but it was currently clear with the sun shining brightly in the sky. It completely illuminated imperial concubine Yun’s face, causing the Emperor to stare.

Imperial concubine Yun looked at him and let out a “tsk” in disdain then said: “Didn’t you say for me to go back to the palace? Will you be going or not? If you don’t remember me, just go back.”