695

Keep Track of It in a Book

Everyone had kneeled to greet the palace princess. In such a solemn situation, someone suddenly sneezed. This sort of disturbance really was not too good. Moreover, this sneeze seemed to have come suddenly, such that the young miss could not even cover her mouth, much less do her best to try and keep it quiet. The sneeze was just let out very openly, and the majority of the people present in the garden heard it.

Xuan Tian Ge was given a start by this and subconsciously asked: “Who did it?”

From the crowd, a girl trembled with fear and replied: “It was I.” The voice carried a bit of a sob, as she had clearly been frightened.

The maidservant at her side quickly kowtowed for her master: “Palace Princess, please forgive us! Our young miss is just allergic to pollen, and the fragrance of the garden was a bit too strong, thus she was unable to hold back. Would Your Highness Palace Princess please pardon us.”

Everyone looked toward the girl that had sneezed. It was the daughter of an official from out of the province, and there were not many people that recognized her, but there were still people that did. Earlier, when everyone was gathered in their own little circles, this girl had remained far away while covering her nose the entire time.

Xuan Tian Ge did not think much of it, only saying: “Since there was a good reason for it, everyone may rise. It’s just a small matter. There’s no need to take it to heart. Today is the Mid-Autumn Festival. Everyone enjoying themselves would be best.”

With her saying this, that young miss finally let out a long sigh of relief, quickly giving her thanks; however, Xuan Tian Ge muttered: “But the fragrance today is indeed a bit strong.”

Everyone stood up and returned to their small groups. The ladies from the capital would naturally be familiar with one another, and there were quite a few from out of the province that knew people in the capital. Everyone gathered together and chatted back and forth. It was very lively. During this time, there were quite a few people that took the initiative to go forward and greet Xuan Tian Ge and Feng Yu Heng. The toady looks on their faces made their intention to curry favor with them all too obvious.

When faced with these people, Xuan Tian Ge and Feng Yu Heng did not reject them too fiercely. They did not reject a single person that came, and they could warmly chat with anyone. This caused all of the madams and young misses to feel that they had gained a relationship with the palace princess and imperial daughter. But why then, once they turned around and thought about it, could they not remember talking about anything with any real content. It seemed as if those two masters had never even asked what families they were from. They really were just being polite and doing their best to keep up the atmosphere.

Upon thinking of this, it was inevitable that they would begin to feel resentful, and these sorts of resentments would naturally cause others to move forward to try and curry favor. But there was also another group of people that could not be bothered with anything else. Feng Zhao Lian’s existence had practically driven them crazy. The red clothes were very noticeable, and he had a face that made even the sun lose some of its shine. These madams and young misses all hated that they were not men at this minute. If they were men, they would definitely want to bring this woman back to their manor and would be willing to agree to any request.

On that side, a large group of people gathered around Feng Zhao Lian and asked all kinds of things. Although Feng Zhao Lian usually spoke in a bit of a frustrating manner, as long as he wanted, there was no scenario where he could not force himself to deal with it. Thus he remained in the center of a group of smitten girls that were causing a stir. On the other side, having finally dealt with the last of the people wanting to curry favor, Xuan Tian Ge pulled Feng Yu Heng to find a relatively quiet place to sit. Only then did she say: “This courtyard really is extremely fragrant today.”