750

Stabbing a Little Figure to Curse You

Inside the forest, Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Hua slowed their horses and moved side-by-side. Although they moved slowly and without purpose, they did not dare move too deep into the forest. After all, there was still an injured Xuan Fei Yu inside the imperial tent. She had to ensure that she could be found at the first possible moment in the event that something happened.

The series of events left the two in an unpleasant mood. Even Xuan Tian Hua had his brows furrowed the entire time. It was Feng Yu Heng that spoke up to console him: “Fei Yu is fine. That wound looks to be quite frightening, but it’s fortunately just an external injury. The muscle and tendons weren’t touched, and the treatment wasn’t difficult. I have already performed a thorough treatment. During the upcoming recovery, good medicine will be prepared, and I will do my best to ensure that no scar is left. Seventh brother can rest assured.”

Xuan Tian Hua smiled bitterly, “I have never doubted your medical abilities. What I’m worried about is naturally not about that.” He looked at Feng Yu Heng, as the concern in his eyes was not hidden in the slightest. Just looking at it caused Feng Yu Heng to feel a bit embarrassed. Heaving a sigh, Xuan Tian Hua once again thought about the things that had lingered in his heart. It was the same as in the past. Every time that he faced this girl, he would have a helpless feeling that would surface, and he felt that he wanted to protect her; however, he also needed to maintain a respectful and proper distance. This was what it meant to have a strong spirit but a weak body, right?

How could Feng Yu Heng not understand. There were some things that she understood but could not speak about. Once it got brought up, life would become a mess. The once great things and people would begin to fall to ruin along with those words. And this sort of ruin could befall anyone; however, it must never occur to Xuan Tian Hua. This was for no other reason than that she could not endure it. She could not bear seeing Xuan Tian Hua looking bad in the slightest.

“There are more and more enemies.” She changed the subject. In any case, she had to say something, “I keep feeling that there are enemies all around. There are some that are out in the open, and there are some that are sneaking about in the shadows. There are times when I wonder, if these enemies someday join forces, how exactly could it be handled.”

Xuan Tian Hua looked at her then asked: “Afraid?”

She shook her head, “There’s nothing to really fear. Or it could be said that being afraid is pointless. I’ve already reached this point in the road. Could it be that I can still back out? Even if I could back out, the things that have happened and the people that I have met along this path, can I act as if I never met them? If that really is the case, that would be great.”

“Be calm and do whatever is necessary. A-Heng, this is the imperial family. You’ve already set one foot inside, thus there is no way to back out.” Xuan Tian Hua suddenly reached out and patted her head. The first few strokes were gentle, but the last one was suddenly forceful, leaving Feng Yu Heng’s hair very messy. But he just patted her head then quickly helped to tidy up the hair that he had messed up. Only then did he say: “Ming’er changed the letter that Yuan shi had sent South. Old Eighth has always listened to his mother. Ming’er very clearly wanted to wipe this matter clean, which made him change Fu Ya’s name to the Lu family’s young miss’ name. Calculating things a bit, Ming’er should already be on his way back. Old Eighth will be a bit later than him, but he will definitely be back before the end of the year and will participate in the palace banquet on the first day of the new year. He was tricked into marrying Lu Yan. Once he finds out the truth of the situation, he definitely will not leave things be. We need to prepare a plan to deal with him. We cannot be too passive when the time comes. There is also today’s matter. It’s clear that there is a mastermind hidden behind the scenes. I’ve thought about it before. Yuan shi is unable to even fend for herself. Even if she wanted to get revenge, she would not immediately set to work. After all, she needs to avoid danger. As for the other people… do you know…”