635

Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu’s Wild Strategy

News of Lu Yao hanging herself gave both Lu Song and Yao Shu a huge fright. The two did not say a word and began rushing in the direction of Lu Yao’s courtyard.

When they were still quite far away, they could already hear the maidservants crying loudly. Yao Shu was unable to suppress his emotions, rushing into the courtyard ahead of Lu Song and pushing open the door. But it was also because he pushed the door hard that in the next instant, Yao Shu suddenly came to a stop, staring straight at the scene before him. His face and neck immediately turned red.

At the same time, the servants in the room began screaming. Their screams caused Yao Shu to quickly turn around.

Lu Song entered after him. At this time, the maidservants had managed to cover up Lu Yao. Lu Song was puzzled and asked: “What happened?”

A servant kneeled while crying in front of Lu Song and told him: “Young miss took things hard and sent us servants out. We servants thought that she just wanted to be on her own; however, we never thought that young miss would do something so shortsighted. Master, after we servants brought young miss down, young miss’ neck had a red mark on it, and it seemed that she was having a hard time breathing. We servants removed young miss’ clothes to help her breathe. After finally managing to help young miss begin breathing…” As the girl spoke, she looked at Yao Shu sadly: “But young miss was just seen by this young man!”

Lu Song thought that something big had happened. Hearing what he had just heard, he waved his hand: “Don’t be so shocked over such small things. This is the Yao family’s eldest son. He is the one that is set to marry Yao’er. He cannot be considered an outsider.”

“This…” The maidservant said with difficulty: “But master, if word of this was to spread… young miss cannot afford to lose face!”

Lu Song heard this and felt his heart move. He then looked at Lu Yao, but he saw that the maidservants had already helped her put her clothes on. There was a red mark on her neck, but it was not very severe. If one did not look carefully, it would not be seen, but Lu Yao’s eyes remained on Yao Shu. He immediately reacted and turned to ask Yao Shu: “Nephew, what did you just see?”

Yao Shu replied sincerely: “Uncle Lu, don’t worry. Dignified men will not tell lies, nor will they not take responsibility. Yao’er was already my fiancee. To have been seen by me today can also be considered fate.” He turned around slightly and said to Lu Yao: “Yao’er, I might not be able to provide you with something as grand as a betrothal gift that the imperial family can provide, nor can I provide as grand a wedding celebration as one put on for a prince, but Yao’er, I, Yao Shu, swear on my Yao family’s name that your wedding definitely will not be bad. The day of the wedding cannot be changed by anyone. No doubt, I must take responsibility for today’s actions, but me marrying you is something that I want. It’s not just because it would be proper. I hope that you are also willingly marrying me, and that you will always be that beautiful girl from when we first met. Don’t worry, I have already spoken to my cousin from the Feng family. She will not object to our marriage. Yao’er, do not be unhappy. No matter what happens, I will favor you.”

These words left hot tears streaming down Lu Yao’s face. It also caused Lu Song to nod his head. In an exchange of glances, father and daughter could see the words “at ease” in the other’s eyes.

Yao Shu’s visit this time had doubtlessly given the Lu family something to put them at ease. Lu Song comforted Lu Yao for a while then removed the restriction that he placed on her going out. Only then did he send Yao Shu out.

Lu Yao was brought back to her bed by her maidservants. Once the door was closed, the sneered and rubbed her neck, shouting: “It hurts so much.”