783

Finally Meeting Xuan Tian Mo

This voice was very unfamiliar, and the person’s appearance was not common. His skin was dark and a bit rough. His hair was not combed as tidily as the other men, nor was it tied up. It was just casually left free with a few small braids mixed in. That person also had a bit of stubble. His body was sturdy and strong; however, his face looked beautifully symmetrical like the other sons of the Xuan family.

Feng Yu Heng had seen this person two years earlier; however, she was only able to see a faint resemblance to his appearance at that time. For the most part, it had changed. It could be known without needing to think about it. This had to be the eighth prince, who had been stationed in the South, Xuan Tian Mo.

Feng Yu Heng thought that he really did look exactly like the young misses at Jing Ci Palace had described. The eighth prince did indeed have a certain something that others did not have; however, it was not something that could easily be seen. Instead, it needed to be carefully examined. The girls of the ancient world were too embarrassed to say it; however, she was able to analyze it accurately. Put plainly, what was it? It was just the smell of a man! Compared to the other princes, he had a bit less of a noble aura but was a bit rougher. It was also this roughness the made him seem even more different from the others. He had even more of a manly aura. At a glance, it looked as though he had a greater sense of security than the sixth prince and seventh prince.

Speaking of, Xuan Tian Ming had also gone to fight in the Northwest for a full two years. But speaking of that, Xuan Tian Ming was rather finicky. Thinking about it, even if he went to fight, he would definitely not allow himself to become like this. As he saw it, this was not much different from what a barbarian looked like.

As Feng Yu heng thought about it, she could not stop herself from glancing over toward Xuan Tian Ming’s handsome face, and she could not help but faintly smile; however, it just so happened that Xuan Tian Ming also looked in her direction. It was as though he could guess what she was thinking, as he did not hold back in rolling his eyes at her. Xuan Tian Ge saw this small interaction between the two and secretly laughed at Feng Yu Heng for a long time.

Everyone was seated according to priority. Xuan Tian Ge was not at all reserved when it came to the eighth prince wanting to give her a luminous white jade cup. After giving her thanks, she shouted that not wrapping it up enough was no good, which caused Tian Mo to laugh loudly. At the end of it all, Xuan Tian Ge was the Xuan family’s only daughter. All of the princes felt a bit of doting love for her.

The tables that had jade cups were occupied by the imperial concubines, lords, princesses, princes, imperial grandson, palace princess and imperial daughter. The female family members of officials could only look on from a distance in envy; however, there were people that looked forward to finding a chance to go over and try to form a connection. In any case, they wanted to get closer to admire them. After all, for people from normal families, seeing this sort of thing was truly a rare occurrence. Even the families of high-ranking officials rarely saw them.

At this time, the Emperor spoke up. He did not make a speech celebrating the new year. Instead, he praised the eighth prince: “Mo’er came back from the South and did not just bring back these luminous white jade cups, he also brought back a number of treasures from the small desert countries. We have also expanded our horizons, as there are quite a few things that cannot be found in our Da Shun, and the tribute that Gu Shu sends each year has hidden these things. In the end, going and fetching them ourselves is best, just taking whatever we want.”

These words caused everyone to blush with shame, and even Xuan Tian Ge could not bear to continue listening, as she quietly muttered: “Why does he sound like a bandit. Imperial Uncle really…is sounding more and more like a bandit.”