780

One Family Should Not Speak for Two Families

Feng Yu Heng’s words caused the two servants to laugh, as Huang Quan asked her: “Young Miss, you believe in such things? I thought that Young Miss was neither afraid of the heavens nor the earth nor the supernatural.”

Feng Yu Heng was helpless, “I’m just saying it is all. But today, my eye keeps twitching, and my heart feels uneasy. There’s a bit of a bad feeling; however, I don’t know where the problem will come from.”

Hearing her say this, Wang Chuan began to take it seriously, saying: “If Young Miss really feels that something will happen, let’s just not go into the palace! In a moment, this servant will go in on my own to tell His Highness the ninth prince and have Young Master Zi Rui brought out. How does that sound?”

Huang Quan also nodded along, “Right, since Young Miss believes that something will happen, that means that something will definitely happen. It’s not worth it for us to take that risk. As I see it, we should simply tell His Highness the ninth prince and His Highness the seventh prince to also have them leave the palace.”

Feng Yu Heng became speechless from hearing this, “There is a bit of a bad feeling, but it’s not as severe as you two are making it sound. Today is the first day of the new year. If I don’t go into the palace then drag out two princes, what would you have the Emperor think? Also, if there really is something that happens, and none of us are in the palace, would things not become even messier? Don’t think about it too hard. Perhaps I was just being overly sensitive. The twitching of an eyelid is indeed not something that should be believed haphazardly. Don’t think too much about it. We’ll just do what we should do.”

The imperial carriage headed straight to Rui Gate. This side was very lively, and the people were all joined together. The clothes that they wore were also very colorful, and they could occasionally hear the sounds of people wishing each other a happy new year. It sounded very amiable, unlike the jealous tones from the Mid-Autumn Festival.

With her imperial carriage arriving, the people automatically gave way. After all, those that were going into the palace were the family members of officials from the capital. There was practically nobody that would not recognize Feng Yu Heng’s imperial carriage, nor would anyone be so bored as to stand at odds with Feng Yu Heng. After two years of interacting, there were not many people left in the capital that would be so eager to provoke Feng Yu Heng as they would in the past. Even if there were still people that felt some unhappiness, they knew that they should stay at a distance to keep from causing themselves trouble.

The imperial carriage very quickly arrived at Rui Gate, and Feng Yu Heng suddenly recalled something, asking: “Today, His Majesty should be sanctioning a marriage between the eighth prince and the Lu family’s young miss, right?”

Wang Chuan nodded: “That’s right, if nothing goes wrong, the Lu family will be formally engaged to the eighth prince during today’s banquet. Thinking about the eighth prince, he has been wanting to find an official in court to serve as his pillar of support; however, who knew that his fate would lie with the Lu family.”

Huang Quan smiled and said: “The current Lu family is not like it was before. Although they have never been brilliant, in any case, they had some businesses to supplement them. Now, they are a poor family. For the eighth prince to have found this sort of assistance, his insides must be turning green with regret.”

While the two servants chatted and helped Feng Yu Heng out of the carriage, they found that there was someone already standing outside. With a look of distress on their face, they looked toward Feng Yu Heng.

She was startled, then managed to recognize them; however, she was puzzled and asked: “Madam Lu? Why are you here?”

The person that had come was Lu Yan’s mother, Ge shi. Seeing Feng Yu Heng get out of her carriage, she quickly kneeled to salute. Feng Yu Heng looked at Huang Quan to stop her before saying: “No need to be so courteous. Madam Lu, is something the matter?”