652

Ancestor Visits

Very well! Ancestor really meant ancestor.

When Xuan Tian Hua saw the two standing at the entrance of the palace, his mind truly was on the verge of collapse.

The Emperor and Zhang Yuan were dressed up as a counselor and a servant. No matter how he looked, it was awkward. Who knew where the Emperor picked up his clothes. They were a bit skinny, and the buttons were also tight. It looked very funny.

Xuan Tian Hua did not receive them at the entrance. He just stood in the front yard. There was a bit of distance until the entrance; however, he was already able to see clearly enough.

The Emperor glared at him angrily and shouted: “You still aren’t going to invite this ancestor in!”

Xuan Tian Hua felt his head swell; however, he quickly waved to the guards at the gate: “Let them in!”

The guards never thought that this old man would say such a rude thing, yet he was still permitted to enter the Chun Palace. Also, when they looked at the seventh prince, it seemed that he was not angry. What sort of situation was this? Recently, the Chun Palace had been too weird! First, there was a strange woman, and now there was a strange man. The word ancestor had been used haphazardly, right? His Highness the seventh prince was a prince. His ancestor would be…

The guards all clearly had the same thoughts, as they subconsciously looked at each other. They all saw the same message in the others’ eyes. Someone silently mouthed: “The Emperor?”

The others nodded. In this world, who, aside from the Emperor, would dare to say that sort of thing to his Highness the seventh prince?

Thus they withered. What was it that they had just done? They had stopped the Emperor! Did they no longer want to live? They had not lived long!

Everyone lowered their heads and began counting the days that they had left to live.

Speaking of the Emperor and Zhang Yuan, the two entered the yard and were welcomed first by the cats and dogs inside the Chun Palace.

Animals did not care for a person’s status. Also, these were animals that liked humans. Upon seeing that someone had come, they very happily charged forward. While wagging their tails, they dove forward!

The Emperor was stunned at first then reacted to what was happening. He looked around the Chun Palace in surprise. From the forest of flowers to the birds flying around, from the cats and dogs running around to the bamboo fences, his gaze finally landed on the colorful gauze that hung from the trees. For some reason, his eyes suddenly became moist.

Raising a hand to wipe his face, he no longer had the same majesty as before. It was replaced with a look of oldness that he had never wanted to acknowledge, as he looked very nostalgic.

Zhang Yuan was able to understand a bit and took half a step back, giving way to the Emperor.

The Emperor turned to the left and walked toward a fence that had a sky blue piece of gauze hanging from it. That piece of gauze was not large. It was a long strip and was roughly the length of half of a forearm; however, it dragged the Emperor’s thoughts back to over 20 years ago.

At that time, he had left the palace in plain clothes. He was middle-aged and had deliberately escaped from the guards at his side. He entered the mountains on his own. He ended up straying into a village. A young girl that had just become of marriageable age saw that his arm had been tugged at by some small animals, and she was very anxious. Retrieving some medicinal herbs from the mountain, she tore her own dress to take care of the wound. She also asked the village leader on his behalf to allow him to stay temporarily.