739

Hidden Enemies

Lu Yan had come to her for a deal. This was something that Feng Yu Heng had not expected. For a while, she really could not understand. What would Lu Yan use in this deal?

Seeing that Feng Yu Heng had a doubtful expression, Lu Yan took the initiative to say: “Imperial Daughter had recently cut ties with the Feng and Yao families. This is something that many in the capital know about. As for our Lu family, because of Lu Yao’s matter, it ended up completely offending the Yao family. Imperial Daughter should have heard that the Lu family’s businesses have suffered heavy losses, right? Not to hide it, but we also investigated it. In the end, the result was that the ones that had taken action against the Lu family was the Yao family. Because of the enmity caused by Lu Yao, the Yao family actually took such a heavy-handed approach that left the Lu family’s businesses unable to recover. It’s such that although our family will not struggle to get by, there are still many obstacles. Imperial Daughter, when you whipped Madam Yao with a whip, you offended the Yao family and caused them to head over to the imperial daughter’s manor to curse at you. Thinking about it, you must also feel some hatred toward the Yao family, right? Because of this, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. As long as Imperial Daughter promises to work with my Lu family, from this day forward, the entire left prime minister’s manor will side with you, Imperial Daughter Ji An. It will provide you with a strong backing.”

Lu Yan said it all in a single breath, and it was clear that she was becoming more and more emotional as she spoke. By the end, it was as though she was making a pledge to Feng Yu Heng. She even partially raised a hand and looked completely sincere. She looked completely honest in wanting to complete this deal with Feng Yu Heng to help bring about the alliance between Imperial Daughter Ji An and the Lu family.

But Feng Yu Heng did not look quite as excited as she had hoped. After hearing what Lu Yan had said, she just let out a simple “Oh.” She did not ask any questions after that.

Lu Yan became a bit anxious, “Imperial Daughter, what does this mean?”

Feng Yu Heng also looked toward Lu Yan but expressed her confusion, asking Lu Yan: “Did you come to discuss this matter with me on your own, or are you representing your entire Lu family’s ideas?”

Lu Yan raised her head and said: “Of course, it represents the Lu family.”

“Oh.” She let out another oh and nodded. She then suddenly had an epiphany, “It seems that the Lu family has already decided that it will stand on His Highness the Ninth Prince’s side. That is a good thing. The master of the Lu family is the left prime minister. To be able to have the left prime minister as support, I trust that His Highness the Ninth Prince will be in an even better spot in court than before.”

Lu Yan was startled, “What ninth prince? I am speaking about allying with Imperial Daughter.”

“That’s right!” Feng Yu Heng smiled and reminded her, “But you must not forget that aside from being Da Shun’s Imperial Daughter Ji An, I am also the ninth prince’s future official princess. By choosing me, that naturally means that you have also chosen His Highness the Ninth Prince. Are you certain that the Lu family wishes to stand with the ninth prince? If you’re certain, we welcome it. This Imperial Daughter will immediately go and see Lord Left Prime Minister to give thanks in person and thank him for his support. At the same time, I will spread this news. I ask that Lord Left Prime Minister also openly express his position in court after returning to the capital. This will cause the other princes to give up on the left prime minister. Oh right,” She pretended to remember something, “Lu Yao also received that venomous bug from the seventh princess of Gu Shu. That must mean that the Lu family has a bit of a relationship with the people of the South, right? How else would a noble young miss gain this sort of relationship with a foreign princess. Currently, everyone knows that the South belongs to His Highness the Eighth Prince. Lu Yao’s situation will inevitably cause people to believe that the Lu family is standing on His Highness the Eighth Prince’s side. That’s why I invite Lord Left Prime Minister to clarify this misconception and have everyone know that in his mind, the one with the support of the people is the ninth prince and not Old Eighth. Lu family’s young miss, do you feel that your Lu family can do this?”