719

No Longer Have the Face to See You

Lu Song never thought that the always calm and natural Yao Shu would present this sort of attitude.

This was not all, as he heard Yao Shu say: "If this case is resolved within three days, and Lu Yao is innocent, my Yao family will conduct the funeral normally. If Lu Yao is guilty, a divorce filing will be presented to the government office. From there, the Yao and Lu family will have no further relations." These words had the exact same attitude as Feng Yu Heng.

Lu Song knew that he would not be able to gain even the slightest bit of benefit from the Yao family, thus he did not continue to stay and suffer this humiliation. In addition to this, the Yao family had never allowed him to enter. They just remained outside the entrance while discussing these matters. Although night had fallen, it was inevitable that there would be people that had nothing better to do and wanted to see something entertaining. He did not want to lose too much face and could only gloomily bid farewell then leave.

Feng Yu Heng watched the Lu family's carriage get further away and could not help but snort coldly. At the same time, she said to Yao Jing Jun and Yao Shu: "Eldest uncle, there's no need to understand the Lu family. Our Yao manor should do what it needs to do. I trust that the Yao family's attitude is also one that my grandfather came up with, right?"

Yao Jing Jun nodded, "A-Heng is correct, and it was father that wanted to us to answer the Lu family in this way."

Feng Yu Heng asked Yao Shu: "Then eldest cousin has already completely given up on Lu Yao?"

Yao Shu nodded, "Younger Sister Heng, don't worry. Your eldest cousin still is not a foolish person. I said it before. If it was just me that was suffering a bit, I could endure it all, but if she turned her wicked intentions on others, the Yao family would not tolerate this sort of person."

"Good." Feng Yu Heng was very satisfied with the Yao family's attitude. With Yao Xian's added support, she trusted that the Yao family would not suffer a loss on this matter. But she still gave the Yao family a reassuring promise: "You can be at ease. Regardless of what the Lu family does, and regardless of how big this matter gets, the Yao family has a niece like me supporting it from the back. A-Heng will naturally support the Yao family. The Lu family's happy days should be coming to an end. We just need to wait and see precisely what the Lu family's next plans are."

That night, the Lu family had lost face; however, the people of the Yao family and the imperial daughter's manor enjoyed sweet dreams. The mourning hall that had been set up temporarily had its lights put out. Not even the servants were left to stand vigil. Either way, there was no corpse in the casket, and there was not much to guard. Everyone slept peacefully.

Early the next morning, it was the usual morning court session. The left prime minister Lu Song did not immediately leave the palace after the court session had ended. Instead, he made a turn and passed off a message then quickly headed toward the inner palace.

Inside Cun Shan Palace, Imperial Concubine Yuan was sitting in the outer hall and eating some bird nest. Lu Song sat on a chair to the side with an eager expression.

Imperial Concubine Yuan, however, did not even pay much attention to him. She just continued to eat the bird nest. From time to time, she would look up but would not speak.

Lu Song also felt awkward, but he had taken the initiative to request an audience. Imperial Concubine was also his master's mother. Since the master would not speak, he could only try and break the awkward silence.

Thus he laughed hollowly a couple times then said to Imperial Concubine Yuan: "Speaking of my visit, this official has not seen His Highness the Eighth Prince in many years. I wonder if everything is well in the South?"