675

The One Being Scammed Is You

500 taels of silver was not a small amount, but it was clear that it was not much to this madam, as she very happily pulled out a banknote and handed it over. She then stared straight at the wooden box.

Xuan Tian Ming placed the wooden box on the table, and Feng Yu Heng gestured for Qing Yu to open it. When a piece of a pure-white jade appeared before the madam, she immediately felt that spending this 500 taels of silver was truly too worth it. She had never seen such a beautiful piece of jade before. Even if it had not yet been worked on and turned into a completed product, it was still enough to attract her attention. The madam was someone knowledgeable of the industry and immediately understood that this was a treasure with an extremely high value.

But she wanted it! The more it was a treasure, the more she wanted it, even if the price was many times higher. She trusted that her family would also be able to afford it.

Thus she spoke up and said: “I want the thing in this box. Please provide a price!”

Qing Yu glanced at Feng Yu Heng and did not say anything. She knew that Feng Yu Heng had already been planning on selling this piece of jade. As long as the other side was able to provide the money, it did not matter who they sold it to. But precisely how much this was worth, it was a bit hard to estimate.

Feng Yu Heng looked up at the madam then smiled and said: “Madam really is magnanimous. You’re able to consume so much good jade?”

The quick-to-speak servant immediately replied for her master: “You just need to worry about providing a price. It’s just a bit of silver, isn’t it. Our madam is not lacking for silver in the slightest.”

“Oh.” She nodded and thought to herself. What should the price of this be?

At this time, Xuan Tian Ming, who had been quietly sitting to the side, said: “50 million taels.”

“50 million taels?” The servant at the madam’s side was shocked. 50 million taels was a large amount of silver!

But Feng Yu Heng glanced at him, the look in her eyes obviously said: Just 50 million taels? But she immediately accepted the response that Xuan Tian Ming gave with his eyes. She knew that he understood, thus she did not speak.

The servant on the other side, however, tried to negotiate: “Although your things are nice, they are too expensive. Just a box of these things is not worth that much money… Five million taels is more like it.”

Qing Yu felt that this servant was truly unable to learn her lesson. Even after being slapped, she still had so much to say. She could not help but coldly snort: “The masters are speaking. Where is there any room for you to interject?”

“You…”

“Shut your mouth!” The madam scolded her: “Shut your mouth for me!” After saying this, she turned her attention back toward the box of jade materials. The more she looked, she more she was unwilling to part with it. The more she looked, the more she felt that her heart was being pulled in by the piece of jade, and they were becoming one. It was as though this box of jade was her life. If someone wanted for them to separate, she would definitely fight with them. “50 million is 50 million. Ji Xiang, go back and have the servants bring the banknotes over.” Her gaze did not shift, only telling the servant, “This box of jade, I must bring it back.”

“Madam!” Ji Xiang quietly advised her, “On this trip out, we did not bring that much in banknotes. Although we do have 50 million taels, I fear that master will also have other uses for that money. It’s rare that we come to the capital. We need to have some money prepared for bribes. If it’s all used to buy these things, if master has a need for the money, what should be done?”