678

Trap of the Beautiful Jade

That night, a piece of shocking news began to spread around the capital. It was said that imperial daughter Ji An had lost a box of beautiful jade. That piece of jade was flawless and had just been brought out of the mine. It was a beauty that could only be found every thousand years.

The news spread quickly among the commoners. When it reached the restaurants, it had already become the most discussed matter of the night.

Who dared to steal imperial daughter Ji An’s things? And something so valuable at that? Did they no longer want their heads?

Finally, word got around to governor Xu Jing Yuan. He did not dare delay for a moment and quickly rushed over to the imperial daughter’s manor for information. When he had ascertained that Feng Yu Heng had indeed lost a box of beautiful jade, he understood that it had been taken away from Nirvana Pavilion by someone that referred to herself as the head madam of Lan Zhou’s prefect. He also understood that this was likely a trap set by Feng Yu Heng. But setting a trap was fine. He was originally someone under the seventh prince’s command. After assuming the position of governor, aside from ensuring peace and safety for the citizens, he also had to cooperate with imperial daughter Ji An, Feng Yu Heng, in many matters.

Thus Xu Jing Yuan nodded and went to take care of the case without another word.

Huang Quan was not with Feng Yu Heng during the day. Now that she heard this, she wiped away some sweat: “Young miss, what if the madam of Lan Zhou’s prefect does not return it, or what if the jade was ruined?”

Feng Yu Heng said carefreely: “Don’t worry. She won’t dare.”

The words she won’t dare immediately allowed Huang Quan to feel at ease.

At this time, such big news had also reached the posthouse. Because the Mid-Autumn Festival was approaching, and victory had been achieved over Qian Zhou, the imperial palace planned for a grand banquet. A large number of officials from out of the province had come to the capital. The posthouse was completely filled in an instant because of this. Without regard for rank, they all lived in the same place, waiting for the Mid-Autumn Festival to arrive.

The matter of imperial daughter Ji An losing a piece of beautiful jade very quickly made its way to the posthouse. The people that had heard began to guess at what would of person could steal a piece of jade from under imperial daughter Ji An’s nose, and what sort of person they would be. However, who knew that on the third floor of this posthouse, the madam of Lan Zhou’s prefect, Jiang shi, was currently staring straight at the white jade. Even her maidservant Ji Xiang had come and gone many times without her noticing. It was only when Ji Xiang quickly walked over to her and raised her voice to call out did she angrily say: “What are you causing a fuss for? Do you not know that jade is the most sensitive? Your actions will startle it. If the jade’s heart becomes a mess, the appearance of the jade will change with it.”

How could Ji Xiang understand such a profound thing. She was just feeling panicked, especially when she looked at this box of jade. She stomped her foot in frustration. “Madam, we might have caused some trouble.”

“Hm?” Jiang shi did not understand, “Caused trouble? What trouble was caused?”

“It’s this box of jade.” Ji Xiang pointed at the thing on the table and said, “Ever since madam came back, you have been guarding this without going outside. Naturally, you did not hear about the news. Apparently, the capital’s imperial daughter Ji An lost a box of beautiful jade. The appearance is roughly the same as what’s in that box!”

Jiang shi furrowed her brow upon hearing this, “Imperial daughter Ji An? What does she care about the jade that I bought?”

Ji Xiang was so anxious that there was nothing she could do. She could only remind Jiang shi: “Did madam buy it? Did you pay any money? In fact, you didn’t even give a deposit! Precisely how you got this jade, can you explain it clearly?”