670

Fine View, Good Wine, Beautiful Women and Handsome Men

The seventh prince had invited her for a family feast. Feng Yu Heng was naturally happy to participate. Now that Wang Chuan and Ban Zou were not present, there was only Huang Quan at her side, thus Huang Quan advised her: “There are many hidden guards in the manor. Young miss, bring along another one. How about this servant calls Chou Shu or Yuan Fei?” In any case, they were a bit more familiar.

Feng Yu Heng was speechless, “I am going to the Chun Palace, not somewhere else. What would I bring hidden guards for? Moreover, did you not hear that the imperial carriage will be sent in the evening? Do you think that seventh brother won’t arrange for my protection?”

Huang Quan thought for a bit. This was also true and felt that she had thought too much. Pulling Feng Yu Heng along, they happily returned to the courtyard.

This day really was idle. Qing Yu had visited once in the afternoon, saying that the people from Hundred Herb Hall had arranged to visit Feng Jin Yuan the next morning and were asking how they should charge for the treatment. Feng Yu heng only said to charge in accordance with the usual rates. They would neither eat a loss nor scam him. Qing Yu expressed that she understood.

In the evening, she stood in front of the manor’s entrance while wearing a lake-blue autumn dress. Very quickly, she saw Bai Ze personally driving the imperial carriage in her direction. Only then did Huang Quan calm down. Feng Yu Heng laughed at her for thinking too much then happily got into the carriage. It had to be said that when Huang Quan was foolish, she really was foolish, but when she was serious, she was very serious. She knew that Bai Fu Rong was living in the imperial daughter’s manor, and Bai Ze had been busy at the ninth prince’s side and did not have a chance to visit. Thus she went and replaced Bai Ze outside the carriage, and Bai Ze gratefully said: “There will be a great thanks in the days to come.” After saying this, he turned around and did not hold back, climbing into the carriage.

Feng Yu Heng did not care too much about who kept her company inside the carriage. It was Bai Ze that was a bit restrained. Sitting across from her, he rubbed his hands but did not know what he should say. She was puzzled by this: “Bai Ze, in terms of people I met, you are the first person I met aside from Xuan Tian Ming. How can there be this sort of unfamiliarity between us. It shouldn’t exist? Where did the courage to point a sword at my neck go? Where is your style?”

Bai Ze shook his head: “It’s not unfamiliarity. Who said anything about unfamiliar!” He then helplessly said: “Princess, can you not keep bringing up the matter from back then? Wasn’t what I did for my master’s sake? Say, if someone suddenly appears in a forest in the mountains, who knows what sort of person that could be!”

Feng Yu Heng laughed, “You know now what sort of person I am? Even my own mother doesn’t acknowledge me as her daughter.” These words were said with a bit of helplessness.

Bai Ze shrugged and said without any care: “Either way, you’re just master’s beloved. Who cares if you’re the Feng family’s second young miss or imperial daughter Ji An, master likes you. You also don’t harm others. This is more important than anything else.” With the conversation started, he did not continue to act restrained. To begin with, to outsiders, he and Feng Yu Heng got to know each other early. He should act more familiar. Thus he put on a smile and asked her: “Is the Bai family’s young miss alright?”

With this question finally being asked, Feng Yu Heng did not continue to tease him, saying truthfully: “She’s improving. A few days earlier, contaminated blood began to come out. After another few days, she should be able to wake up. The antidote prepared by grandfather is very effective. Right now, we are slowly replenishing the body that has been eroded by the poison. Also, I added a few things. Even if I said it, you would not understand, but it’s just for the sake of her recovery. You just need to trust me.” Things like collagen and proteins, how would she explain them?