648

Feng Jin Yuan’s Persistence

When Feng Jin Yuan was preparing to head toward the imperial daughter’s manor, Feng Yu Heng was in the Yao family home, talking to Yao Xian.

The two had just returned from Yao shi’s side. Fu Ya had already gone to live with Yao shi. Ban Zou took the initiative to remain over there to help keep Fu Ya feeling at ease, but he clearly stated that he would definitely return once the sun set.

The Yao manor was still quite lively. For the sake of preparing for Yao Shu’s wedding, the entire family had begun working busily. When Feng Yu Heng arrived, Xu shi was looking at the appearance of the lanterns. She pointed at a rectangular lantern and said to the servant: “Not this kind. Change them all to round ones. It’s a wedding, so there should be a celebratory atmosphere. It would be best if there was a united feeling.*” After saying this, she said to the kitchen staff: “Our family is not a family of an official. There is nobody that is an official. That’s why there is no need to be too strict with the rules. As long as the rituals are observed, things look pretty and the food is good, that is all that matters.”

The servants nodded and complied.

Seeing Feng Yu Heng arrive, Xu shi reflexively rushed over; however, she was stopped by Yao Xian, telling her: “A-Heng will be staying for dinner tonight. At present, we have some important matters to discuss. Please do not cause a disturbance.”

Xu shi heard this and quickly retreated; however, she still quietly whispered to Feng Yu Heng: “Sleep with me tonight!”

Feng Yu Heng was helpless and faintly smiled while nodding.

The two went straight to Yao Xian’s study. Upon entering, Yao Xian told Feng Yu Heng: “Fu Ya’s DNA has been checked. There is no blood relation between you two.”

“Really?” Feng Yu Heng was stunned. Although this outcome was reasonable, it caused to feel surprised. “Then why does she look so similar to me?”

Yao Xian told her: “There’s no need for you to think too much about it. In this world, there will always be someone that looks similar. There is no need for them to be related, but for them to look as similar as twins is the result of the creator’s divinity. You are also someone from the modern era. You should have encountered this sort of situation before.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded. Indeed, in her previous life, there were quite a few people that looked alike without any blood relations. People thought of it as a mystery of the world; however, it could never be explained by genetics.

She shrugged and smiled, “It seems that I was overly anxious. I thought that Feng Jin Yuan had another family away from home.”

Yao Xian snorted coldly, “Feng Jin Yuan, if it was not for him falling to his current situation, I definitely would have plotted against him.”

Feng Yu Heng sighed a bit, saying: “In truth, I never thought of being too harsh in seeking revenge against Feng Jin Yuan. If that person knew what it meant to be satisfied and have dignity, I even thought of allowing him to live peacefully for the rest of his life. This included the Feng family’s elder madam. I never thought that she would pass away so soon; however, the world is ruthless. Those two were both exceptionally good at courting death. In the end, they caused their own current circumstances. Feng Jin Yuan, I am not distressed for, but thinking about it, Xiang Rong has not gotten engaged. With this sort of family, I fear that marriage will be a difficult matter to discuss in the future.”

Yao Xian also sighed, saying: “In the past, when we lived in modern times, free time was boring, and I read quite a few older books. But the stories in those books are not as vivid as actually experiencing it. Only after being reborn in Da Shun did I understand that the things mentioned in those books are far less brutal than the reality.”