763

Setting Up a Fortune Telling Stall

“The boss has come!” It was almost the new year, thus Wang Lin did not continue to travel around to the various halls out of the province. Instead, he returned to the capital to take care of things. A brat from the countryside had started out as a lowly clerk in a medicine shop had reached this sort of position. There were times when he thought about it quietly that even he did not dare believe it. And all of these unbelievable and impossible things became reality with Feng Yu Heng. All of this was like giving him a new identity in a short two years. He had become someone that could be easily recognized in the capital. But even if he held an influential position in front of others, when facing Feng Yu Heng, he would rather return to being a simple clerk and use a most modest attitude to face his benefactor. “Boss, quickly come inside and have a seat.” As he spoke, he took a look at the child that Wang Chuan was holding and could not help but let out a surprised voice: “This is… the Feng family’s young son?”

Feng Yu Heng nodded and spoke while walking: “From this day forward, this child no longer belongs to the Feng family. I don’t have any place to send it, so just arrange a room for him. Then have a wetnurse and some maidservants take care of him. As for what he is called… I have never thought about it. Just have his surname be Han. As for its name, just call it as you see fit.” She did not have any feelings toward this child, but she would not allow this little guy to suffer too much grief. Although she could not allow him to live like a true young master, she could raise him to be a proper person that could survive through on his own power. He would be completely cut off from the extremely negative influence of his incompetent parents.

As an important member from one of Feng Yu Heng’s businesses, Wang Lin had a bit of an understanding of the Feng family’s matters. In regards to this child, he had personally visited for an examination, thus he immediately understood Feng Yu Heng’s intentions. Without saying anything, he directed someone to receive the child and immediately find a wetnurse and maidservant. Only then did he bring Feng Yu Heng into the “office” that was specially reserved for her.

When Feng Yu Heng was seated, Wang Lin began to report Hundred Herb Hall’s progress. Not including the main hall in the capital, Hundred Herb Hall had already opened 12 in the entirety of Da Shun. There were three each in the North, South, East and West, and the one in the capital was the one in the center. After the new year, there were preparations to open a new one in the three northern provinces. It would be a test. If it succeeded, more would be built in the border regions.

Feng Yu Heng listened seriously but did not express her own opinions. In regards to the planning of the Hundred Herb Halls, she only gave some guiding advice at the start, but Wang Lin’s ability to learn and understand, as well as his ability to advance, were all exceptional. It was basically to the point where she would say something once, and Wang Lin would be able to develop on those ideas and do it even better. That was why Feng Yu Heng felt very at ease about Hundred Herb Hall’s expansion. As for her visit today, she had another matter to attend to aside from sending the child.

“Recently, the palace has not been too peaceful. I am preparing to place someone inside the imperial physician’s group.” She directly told Wang Lin about the purpose of her visit and had Wang Lin recommend someone.

Wang Lin thought for a long time but said with a bit of a troubled tone: “Placing someone inside the imperial physician’s group, that person must first be qualified from a medical standpoint. At the very least, they cannot be worse than the people that are already in that group. Also, this person must be absolutely faithful to us. In regards to this point, it is equally as important as the medical ability. This…” He scratched his head, “Boss, to speak of someone that is absolutely loyal, this lowly one is definitely able to recommend one, but when it comes to medical ability, this lowly one’s knowledge is a bit lacking and only knows a bit about medicine. it’s truly impossible to compare with the people in the imperial physician’s group. It must be said that the person most suited to choose is actually old man Yao. It would have been best to have had him choose when he was still around. But he no longer comes to this side. As this lowly one sees it, how about having Song Kang choose one!”