608

A Contrived Fight to the Finish with Prince Lian

They had plenty of true abilities; however, they did not know which one the opposition wanted to see.

Xuan Tian Ming gave Bai Ze a look. Since he had made use of a guard to communicate, there was no need for him to personally engage in the discussion. Bai Ze understood his master very well and immediately shouted: “Lord Lian, what exactly is this so-called true ability?”

The two on the top of the wall spoke for a while before the guard said: “We heard that Da Shun’s ninth prince has an array named the heaven beheading array that is unrivaled in the world. We’ve heard that this array is made up of ten thousand soldiers and can take on 200 thousand soldiers. Is this true!”

Xuan Tian Ming laughed; however, he shook his head while laughing and personally replied: “The heaven beheading array is only stronger than you have described, not weaker; however, it remains to be seen if your Qian Zhou is worthy of seeing this array.”

Feng Yu Heng’s eyes lit up. The heaven beheading array, this was the first time that she had heard about Xuan Tian Ming having this sort of trick. She could not help but look over and cast an inquisitive gaze.

Xuan Tian Ming had been recognized 20 years prior as being a cold-faced king of hell. He was reserved but completely unreasonable. If he saw someone or something that he found to be an eyesore, he would swing his whip in that direction. But there were always exceptions. Ever since Xuan Tian Ming got to know Feng Yu Heng, it was Bai Ze that noticed the changes at first. Following that, the army could feel the love between the two. Later on, he simply stopped concealing it and doted on his wife until everyone knew about it. There was no information that was held back.

For example, when Feng Yu Heng cast her inquisitive gaze, Xuan Tian Ming’s right hand immediately patted her head and lovingly caressed it a few times before he said: “Husband originally felt that it was an insignificant matter, thus I did not tell beloved consort about it. If beloved consort wishes to know, husband will teach you all about it when we get back.”

All of the generals lowered their heads and grimaced, turning their backs to the situation.

Prince Lian rolled his eyes grandly. Damn, this scene was one that would arouse the indignation of both men and gods. Forget it… “Tell them that if they won’t show their array, we shall compete in archery! This prince wishes to compete with Ya Ya. If she wins, Luo City will be given to them. If she loses… just have Da Shun go back!”

The guard passed along the message and even copied Prince Lian’s tone. It was very vivid.

Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming looked at each other. She then turned to look straight at Prince Lian. Pulling out her megaphone, she loudly said: “You can’t beat me.”

The person at the top of the wall did not move, nor were any words passed along. She, however, did not know that Prince Lian stood at the top of the wall while looking down at the people. The jealousy in his eyes nearly forming tears of blood. He said with difficulty: “That’s right! I can’t win because I don’t know how to shoot an arrow.”

The guard to his side wanted to offer some advice; however, Prine Lian had already received a longbow from behind. He struggled to keep it steady and tried a few times to draw the string but found that he could not draw it fully. “Give me a hand.” He said to the guard: “I can lose some of my bearing, but I can’t lose my influence. In any case, I need to shoot one arrow. Don’t let Da Shun look down on us.”

The guard took a step forward and stood in front of him, saying in a heavy voice: “Your Highness, you can shoot an arrow, but this subordinate will block the arrow that they shoot over.”