757

Our Imperial Daughter Is Not a Compassionate Person

Da Shun’s steady heart, that was something that the Emperor would definitely be able to understand. He was getting old, and as each emperor through the generations reached this age, they would grieve this the most. Regardless of whether or not a crown prince was named, they had entered the period of time when struggles between the princes had already reached its most active time. The battles between princes took place in the court, and the imperial concubine mothers of these princes messed around in the inner palace. He could kill Imperial Concubine Li in the same way that he had dealt with Concubine An and Concubine Rui. Regardless of whether they were killed or simply tossed into the cold palace, it sounded all the same. It would all cause quite a disturbance.

He was the Emperor, and he wanted for the court to be at peace, thus he needed for the inner palace to not fall into total disarray. He could not push them too hard. Feng Yu Heng was right. A son like Old Sixth was someone that he liked, and he should not cause his heart to turn cold because of an ignorant mother.

“What you did was correct.” He extended his hand and patted Feng Yu Heng’s shoulder, his voice carried a bit of an emotional tone. “Old Sixth has a good personality; however, he happens to have this sort of mother. It’s almost the new year, and he will be returning. Things will be getting livelier and livelier.”

For the remainder of the night, Feng Yu Heng stayed in the imperial tent to keep an eye on Xuan Fei Yu. Zhang Yuan took care of the Emperor until the sun began to rise. Xuan Fei Yu had made it through the important first night. She checked the child’s temperature and found that he did not have a fever. Only then did she relax and hand him over to Zhang Yuan. She then brought Wang Chuan back to her tent.

When she returned, Huang Quan was sleeping while still holding the little white tiger. Upon hearing them return, she immediately woke up and went over to ask: “How is it? I heard that Imperial Concubine Li was already brought over to the Emperor by the second prince before being let out again. What happened with that?”

Wang Chuan helplessly said: “It was our young miss that granted her a grace and asked His Majesty to forgive her, thus she was only demoted to noble lady and confined to Jing Si Palace.”

“This… why?” Huang Quan was puzzled, “She was so bad. Not only did she curse the young miss, but didn’t Ban Zou say that Feng Fen Dai had sought her out, and the two had begun working together? What is Young Miss saving this sort of person for?”

The two servants could not understand what Feng Yu Heng was planning. As for Feng Yu Heng saying that it was done for the sixth prince, Wang Chuan had heard this in the imperial tent, but she did not believe it. She definitely did not believe that her young miss would just become compassionate for the sixth prince, whom she had never met before. Having been together for over two years, she understood Feng Yu Heng too well. She was not that sort of person at all.

Feng Yu Heng just smiled and did not say anything for the time being. At this time, Ban Zou also entered the tent. Upon entering, he said: “Fu Ya is no longer in the camping ground.”

“Hm?” Huang Quan was the first to get her question out, “Not in the camping ground? Where did she go? Back to the capital?”

Ban Zou shook his head, “She shouldn’t be. Noble Lady Yuan specifically brought her out of the capital, so there must have been a purpose for her. She can’t possibly be sent back so easily.” Ban Zou had a gloomy expression and said: “I thought that they would take some action at the hunting ground, and I was sitting here waiting for them. As a result, they left.” As he spoke, he immediately looked toward Feng Yu Heng, “What do you think of this matter?”