604

Collapse of Heaven

The army set up a temporary camp in Bin City. The most important matter was to acclimatize to Qian Zhou’s weather.

The citizens were never too against Da Shun’s soldiers. After Feng Yu Heng’s discourse, the citizens of Bin City were very welcoming of Da Shun’s soldiers. They could occasionally bring some hunted animals over to Feng Yu Heng’s side. There were also some that wished to join Feng Yu Heng to learn more about medicine.

Xuan Tian Ming formed a small group with Qian Li as its leader. They were to head toward the second city to the North in order to observe the temperature but without engaging in any battles.

Like this, the army remained in Bin City for ten days.

Feng Yu Heng woke up early on that day. She had made an arrangement with Xuan Tian Ming. They would be visiting the city lord of Bin City that they had put on ice for ten days.

Because Xuan Tian Ming favored winning over Qian Zhou with words rather than force, aside from spending the first day at the city lord’s manor when that scene had unfolded first, the other days were spent in the posthouse. Apparently, that posthouse was used by the officials of Qian Zhou that visited. There were specific people that looked after that posthouse, and it was a bit like an inn. As for the city lord’s manor, it was left to be inhabited by the city lord of Bin City, Wu Jun Xian, and his family.

When Xuan Tian Ming’s group arrived, city lord Wu had already come out to receive them. The womenfolk of the family were also kneeling in the courtyard, all of them with their heads lowered with fear and trepidation.

“This subordinate official, the city lord of Bin City, Wu Jun Xian, greets your Highness the ninth prince.” The city lord bowed deeply in the same way as when the army had marched in on the first day, very respectfully.

Xuan Tian Ming nodded, gesturing for Bai Ze to help him up. Only then did he say: “There is no need for you to refer to yourself as this subordinate official. Qian Zhou still does not belong to Da Shun, and you are still one of Qian Zhou’s officials.”

City lord Wu trembled and repeatedly shook his head: “With the city being breached, Bin City already belongs to Da Shun.”

Hearing him say this, Xuan Tian Ming did not continue hold back. He just stepped straight into the city lord’s manor.

Feng Yu Heng and Bai Ze followed behind him. When passing through the yard, they deliberately took a look at the woman kneeling furthest forward. That person had a bit of a heavier build and was wearing a peony-colored winter coat and a fox fur scarf. With her eyes occasionally taking a couple glances in their direction, it was not hard to see the rude thoughts that she had. This caused her to resemble Chen shi.

City lord Wu was also a little on the heavier side. His large belly was visible, but his face looked to be far more decent. At this time, he was kneeling on the stone floor of the hall while facing Xuan Tian Ming. He kept his head lowered and did not speak.

A city lord that had lost his city would normally be killed.

Feng Yu Heng had entered a little slower. Upon passing through the doorway, she immediately said: “I am calling the women in the courtyard to return to the inner courtyard. It’s a cold day and continuing to kneel there isn’t proper.”

City lord Wu’s body visibly trembled. He quickly turned around and kowtowed to Feng Yu Heng, saying gratefully: “Many thanks, imperial daughter for the sympathy.”

Feng Yu Heng laughed and said, “There’s no need to thank me. This is all his Highness’ intention. This is a strategic offensive. It’s not a slaughter. There’s no need for the citizens and women to suffer.”