621

The Terrifying Yao Family

Xu shi’s suggestion caused the other two women to object. Qin shi immediately expressed her thoughts: “No! She will sleep with me!”

Miao shi did not back down either: “With me, with me!”

For the sake of having a niece sleep with them, the three sisters-in-law fought for the first time in years.

Yao Xian’s head hurt from listening to this and immediately made a decision for the three sons: “I don’t care what you were thinking. Either way, you must keep having children! Keep going until you have a daughter!”

Just as the three sons of the Yao family were worried about how to give birth to a daughter, Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming’s carriage arrived on the street nearest the Yao manor.

The time after dinner was rather lively. There were plenty of people walking around, and there were plenty of people walking around the night market. The speed of the carriage gradually began to slow.

Feng Yu Heng lifted the curtain and looked outside. The street was filled with sighs. At the same time, she heard some people talking over a meal at a stall. One of them said: “This newly appointed left prime minister lord Lu really does have lots to celebrate! After being appointed for just two months, he managed to secure a marriage for his daughter of the first wife with the top-ranking scholar of this year. His future is boundless.”

“No matter how boundless, just where will he go? He’s already the prime minister and a standard first rank official. There are no ranks left!”

“But speaking about it, this lord Lu’s schemes really are profound. He actually requested a marriage with the top scholar.”

“But of course, this year’s top scholar is…”

The carriage moved further away, and the conversation could no longer be heard. Feng Yu Heng put down the curtain and leaned back in the carriage; however, she did not continue to think about this matter. Instead, she asked Xuan Tian Ming: “Say, will craftsman Bai be in his manor or the palace? Or has he met with an accident?”

Xuan Tian Ming shook his head, “If craftsman Bai met with an accident, father Emperor would definitely have mentioned it. He should be in the palace. As for that palace, I keep feeling that there should be someone from the North in there.”

“Who could it be?” Feng Yu Heng furrowed her brow and suddenly recalled what Prince Lian had said, “Duan Mu An Guo is not to be feared. What is to be feared are his children that have been scattered all over. Say… could it be that one of his children managed to get into the imperial palace?”

Xuan Tian Ming said: “I will not discount this possibility, but precisely who and what position or how many people have gotten in? These are all things that need to be slowly investigated. Heng… huh?” Feng Yu Heng was staring straight at him in a daze. “Hey!” He reached out and waved his hand in front of her eyes, but the girl did not react. He seemed to have recalled something and raised his sleeve to block his face. Through the sleeve, he shouted: “Bring your mind back.”

“Uh…” A certain person recovered mentally and subconsciously wiped their face. Fortunately, there was no drool, but the corner of their lips was a bit wet. “Hehe.” She laughed awkwardly a couple times, “Every time you remove your mask and speak to me properly, it looks better than when you sleep.”

Xuan Tian Ming was speechless. Ever since the first time this damn girl had seen his face, she had a lovestruck face. At that time, he felt disdain. Who knew that even after the two became familiar, she still did not show any signs of improvement.