618

The Court Has a New Left Prime Minister

Feng Ye Heng leaned against the window and wondered, “The second young miss of the prime minister’s family?” Why did she feel as though people were speaking about her? “Hah!” She reached out and prodded Xuan Tian Ming, “The court has a new left prime minister?”

Xuan Tian Ming nodded, “The former imperial secretariat was promoted from first rank to Feng Jin Yuan’s former position.”

“Oh.” She looked out once more. The maidservant’s arrogant appearance caused her to remember Feng Fen Dai. “Let’s go.” She sat back down and did not look any longer. Allowing for the maidservant to continue cursing, she could faintly hear even more cursing directed at Xiang Rong.

Xuan Tian Ming asked her: “You’re not going to handle it? Don’t you treat your third sister quite well?”

Feng Yu Heng said: “Xiang Rong did not suffer a loss. On a nice piece of Sichuan brocade, she embroidered a pair of common ducks. If Xiang Rong truly did this, I truly would have given her a standing ovation. It’s just that I feel that she could not do this sort of thing based on her personality. Right now, going into the palace to report to father Emperor is most important. Either way, we’ve returned to the capital. The matters at home can be taken care of slowly.”

On this side, the carriage carrying the two went straight toward the imperial palace. The other carriages returned to the imperial daughter’s manor and the Yu Palace after entering the capital.

At this very moment in the Feng residence, there was a servant anxiously telling Xiang Rong about what had happened at the embroidery shop. Xiang Rong was shocked: “What did you say? It ended up looking like a pair of common ducks?”

The servant nodded, “Not only did they end up looking like common ducks, but the stitching was also awkward and exceedingly ugly. The bride’s maidservant went crazy with anger. Standing in front of the shop, she just continues cursing without leaving. Not only did she want us to pay for the loss, but she also wants third young miss to kneel in front of the prime minister’s manor to apologize to her family’s young miss.”

Xiang Rong angrily went around in circles, “If I knew that he could cause this sort of trouble beforehand, I would never have given him the cloth. He really is unable to do anything right.” She waved her hand and dismissed the servant. She then said to her personal servant, Shan Cha: “Quickly, tidy things up. We’re going to the Ping Palace to settle this debt with him!”

Not long later, the two hastily left the courtyard. Xiang Rong had never been this angry before. That damn Xuan Tian Yi embroidered common ducks onto a wedding dress. It’s a loss that he could think of something like this. Was this not just trying to make her look bad? “As I see it, his Majesty should not have been lenient and allowed him to move back into the Ping Palace for house arrest. This sort of thing should… should be sent into the mountains to become a Buddhist monk.”

Shan Cha advised her: “Young miss, don’t get too angry. As this servant sees it, his Highness the fourth prince acted correctly! That young miss from the new prime minister’s manor is too much of a bully. That shop was indeed opened by us, but to have something embroidered, there is a professional seamstress. Why did she insist on having you embroider it? This was clearly just to embarrass you! Young miss, you shouldn’t be settling a debt with his Highness. You should be thanking him!”

“Nonsense!” Xiang Rong glared at Shan Cha, “What do you understand? Although he has been demoted to a commoner and is still in custody, he is still a prince. He is someone that does not fear anything. What am I? Right now, the Feng residence cannot be compared to its former glory. Even if this was in the past, I am nothing more than a daughter of a concubine. The difference in status is too great. One extra problem cannot compare to having one less problem. Not causing trouble is best.”