698

This Prince Is Reliable!

Mu Jiang wiped his brow. The fourth prince's words were another disaster that followed the first. But the situation had already progressed to such a degree. He no longer feared being bitten and simply decided to advance: "Your Highness, please speak."

"Un." Xuan Tian Yi was quite satisfied with his attitude, thus he said: "Monetary reparations are one aspect, but your daughter had beaten and cursed at third Young Miss Feng outside of the palace's entrance. This sort of psychological damage is very serious. Third Young Miss Feng is still young and is only 12 years of age. I fear that this experience will affect her negatively in the future."

Xuan Tian Ming felt that he truly had underestimated his fourth brother in the past. This old fourth seemed to be able to say anything when he was acting shameless, and he was even able to make it look quite official. Feng Xiang Rong was a lowly daughter of a concubine from the Feng family. Thinking of how bad her position was when Feng Jin Yuan was the left prime minister, she must have suffered beatings from a young age. Perhaps she might have become accustomed to it. How could it have a negative effect.

But with old fourth speaking like this, it was not good for him to expose it. After all, they were standing on the same side for this matter. Thus Xuan Tian Ming crossed his arms across his chest and leaned back in his chair. He began to watch the play unfold.

Mu Jiang did not continue to wait for Xuan Tian Yi to plan his actions, as he heard Xuan Tian Yi say: "I won't trouble you. Tomorrow, bring along your daughter that hits people to the Feng residence and apologize to third Young Miss Feng. After that, this prince will send someone to the posthouse where you reside to slap that violent girl as punishment."

Mu Jiang felt extremely uncomfortable in his heart. He was being extorted out of money, and he would need to endure this humiliation. These princes of Da Shun really were quite a handful. He already knew that his daughter of the first wife was domineering and saw everyone as below her. At first, he did not want to bring her on this trip to the capital. The one that he favored most was his manor's fourth young miss. Although she was the daughter of a concubine, she was the most sensible daughter. However, the fourth daughter fell ill right before departing. With no other choice, as he had already reported to the court that he would be bringing a daughter to the capital, he could only bite the bullet and bring the daughter of the first wife; however, he never thought that before she could even enter the palace, this sort of problem would be caused.

He nodded and complied, no longer daring to say a single word. He then saw the princes no longer had any other admonishments and finally retreated to his former spot.

Mu Jiang had retreated, but that was just how officials were. There would be people that some got along with, but there would also be some that they just did not like. At this time, someone present suddenly said: "I heard that the Mu family's young miss pointed at third Young Miss Feng's nose and insulted her second sister, saying that she relied on her man to obtain the position of imperial daughter. There were also a number of other things that were really disgusting."

Mu Jiang's heart trembled. He wanted to find the person that spoke. He would remember that person and hate that he could not think of a way to have that person offed after they left the palace. He had finally managed to get free. With these words, would he not be pushed back into a precarious position?

Unfortunately, after looking all around, he was unable to find who had said it. After all, there were too many people that came to the palace banquet. Thus, he could no longer worry about finding this person. He could only focus on Xuan Tian Ming's reaction.

As a result, the people were surprised to find that the usually explosive ninth prince, Xuan Tian Ming, did not get angry upon hearing these words. Instead, he smiled with satisfaction and said: "What's bad about that? Of course, my wife relied on me. It's fine, this prince is reliable."