709

Here’s a Bottle of Dior For You to See

Gu Shu’s princess was left without a shred of face, but she just could not understand. The unique perfume that Gu Shu had produced and sent to Da Shun had always been a valued product. She had heard that the imperial concubines of the inner palace would often fight for it. Why was it that the thousand-fragrance perfume would now be attacked like this? Could it be…

“You’re doing this on purpose, right?” She had thought it through. The little girl’s temper was revealed, and she immediately flipped: “Because Gu Shu will not give you the thousand-fragrance perfume, you are deliberately saying that it’s not good and are talking about it so poorly. This really does live up to the words that the people of Da Shun frequently say, if I can’t have it just ruin it! Right?”

The military and government officials were all stunned. They never thought that the princess of Gu Shu would speak so wantonly. Was she accusing the Emperor? Someone immediately shouted: “Impudent!”

Who knew that the Emperor would wave his hand, “Hah! It’s fine. We can’t lower ourselves to the level of a little girl. Also, people from a small vassal country have never seen anything good. If we say their things aren’t good, it’s natural that they wouldn’t believe it. But…” He looked again at the princess of Gu Shu, “Girl, what We have said is the truth. If you don’t believe me, just ask old ninth. The perfume that his Imperial Concubine Mother uses, does it not smell much better?”

Xuan Tian Ming immediately agreed, “It’s truly the difference between heaven and earth. The perfume that Imperial Concubine Mother uses was prepared by A-Heng. The fragrance is moderate, and it lasts a long time. The color is clear and does not ruin clothes.”

The Emperor added: “Also! The one that she uses does not need to be mixed with water. It also isn’t placed in a normal glazed bottle. Say, does yours also need something to apply it? The one that old ninth’s Imperial Concubine Mother uses is sprayed. It’s a clear bottle made of some unknown stuff. There’s also a small mechanism at the top. Just by pressing it, a bit of perfume is sprayed out. It’s very convenient.”

Gu Shu’s princess was left in a daze. The thing being described by the two was something that she had zero concept of. That sort of modern thing was something that could not be imagined; however, she blurted out her thoughts: “That’s impossible!”

The Emperor became a little angry, “We are a ruler of a country. How could I be lying to you? You think that this is your small country, where the ruler will say something then turn around and refuse to acknowledge it. How about this, little Yuan, go to the back and borrow the bottle from Imperial Concubine Yun. Bring it out for the little princess of Gu Shu to take a look.”

Zhang Yuan felt a little troubled and quietly said: “Imperial Concubine already said that item definitely would not be lent out, regardless of who asks. Your Majesty, have you forgotten. Last time, you picked it up and looked at it for a while and ended up being kicked by Imperial Concubine. Have you forgotten now that your injury has healed?”

The Emperor was a bit embarrassed. After thinking for a bit, that’s right. Imperial Concubine Yun would not lend that item out. Not to mention Zhang Yuan, even if he personally went to fetch it, it could not be brought out! For a while, he had no other ideas.

The princess of Gu Shu saw the two at the top muttering for a while but did not see the eunuch go to fetch the perfume that was better than what Gu Shu had produced. She could not help but sneer: “It seems that it was all bluster. It’s impossible that Da Shun would have such a nice thing! Your Majesty! If you really want this thousand-fragrance perfume, just say it. Why bother being so evasive? Although Gu Shu still wants to use this to produce more, it is still a vassal country of Da Shun. If the country requests it, the vassal country has no choice but to agree. If you must have it, I will leave this thousand-fragrance perfume behind.”