737

Who Did It?

The sudden accident caused everyone to sway, but it was fortunate that Feng Yu Heng, Huang Quan and Wang Chuan were all capable in martial arts. Even Xuan Tian Ge was not the usual weak girl. Although she was shocked at first, she very quickly managed to recover. The group reacted extremely quickly, especially Feng Yu Heng. When she noticed that this carriage was about to flip, she had already grabbed a hold of Xuan Tian Ge. Wang Chuan also protected them from the side. Huang Quan then grabbed Xuan Tian Ge’s servant, and the group rushed out of the carriage at the moment that the carriage flipped. It was just that the ground outside was too slippery, and the servant slipped but did not suffer any major incident.

Very quickly, people began to gather around. The imperial guards feared that they might be a step late and immediately moved into battle formation. Even the Emperor personally exited his carriage to look over. Among the five people, only the servant had been given a shock. The other people were quite well, Xuan Tian Ge was even able to throw a tantrum: “What happened? Who chose this road? How were you driving? What was just run over? Were you hoping to flip this palace princess over?!”

The Emperor heard this and was extremely distressed. He quickly stepped forward to comfort her. Xuan Tian Ge was someone proficient in human relations, as she began to act spoiled toward the Emperor. It was to the point that even her parents could not bear to watch, yet the Emperor was extremely able in enduring Xuan Tian Ge’s actions. He doted on the only daughter of the Xuan family to an extreme. Falling from the carriage was no small matter. While protecting her, he quickly gave an order to investigate! Things had to be investigated!

But after all kinds of investigation, it was nothing more than an unexpected accident. The wheel of the imperial carriage had suddenly fallen off. There was nothing like an assassin, which allowed the people to feel at ease. The Empress quickly had people arrange a new carriage for them. At the same time, she pulled the Emperor back to the Emperor’s carriage. The other people then gradually returned to their carriages. There was also a small group that wanted to watch the excitement that remained.

At this moment, Feng Yu Heng was squatted near the imperial carriage that had been flipped, looking at the broken wheel. Wheels made of wood were actually quite sturdy, especially on an imperial carriage for a palace princess or those of that rank. These imperial carriages were made by the best craftsmen and had been put through all kinds of tests to ensure that there were no problems. Even if Xuan Tian Ge had used it for a long time, the palace would have people that took care of maintaining it, especially before setting out. They would need to have inspected everything before feeling at ease to let Xuan Tian Ge climb in. Before this palace princess’ carriage could get even halfway, the wheel fell off. This sort of situation really was quite unexpected.

Feng Yu Heng looked for a while then finally turned her gaze on the coupling and furrowed her brow. The cracking did not appear to have been from an accident or from aging. Feng Yu Heng could ascertain that it looked like it had been bent in wait for an accident to occur.

But the person that did it should understand that this sort of small accident could not possibly injure Xuan Tian Ge. It was even more unlikely that it would harm Feng Yu Heng, who was very likely to ride with her. Thus this small incident was nothing more than a warning. Or it was a declaration of war with a small show of force to let them know that it was not just others that could suffer a loss in this world. The opposition was also able to do a bit of something without anyone knowing. Although these actions were incredibly small, it was very possible that it could be something big.

“A-Heng.” Xuan Tian Ge saw that there was something off about her expression and went forward to ask: “Is something wrong?”

Feng Yu Heng did not want to speak more about it in this place and only shook her head, telling her: “The wheel was damaged. It’s fine. Just leave it to the servants to take care of. Let’s go to another carriage.” She stood up and pulled Xuan Tian Ge then squeezed her hand. This let Xuan Tian Ge know to not continue asking. At the same time, she looked around. Among the people watching the excitement, she successfully found Feng Xiang Rong, Feng Fen Dai, Lu Ya and Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu. Feng Yu Heng’s gaze lingered on Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu for a while, and she was looking back at her. The two looked at each other, and she slightly curled the corners of her lips up into a faint smile then went with her servants back to her imperial carriage.