756

Feng Yu Heng’s Plea for Forgiveness

Imperial Concubine Li was feeling a bit forgetful. How did she end up in the imperial tent? How did the little figure end up in the Emperor’s hands? At present, it was all over, but she had just promised Feng Fen Dai that she would work with her. What was this considered now? Most importantly, her matter had been exposed, so what would happen with her son? Would he also be implicated?

Imperial Concubine Li dropped to the ground in fear and stared straight at the Emperor. Pleading, she said: “Your Majesty, this concubine was muddled for a moment. I really was muddled! Your Majesty, you must forgive this concubine. You must forgive this concubine!”

“We won’t forgive shit!” The Emperor suddenly picked up a teacup from the table and threw it at Imperial Concubine Li’s head! This caused a bloody hole to open up on Imperial Concubine Li’s head. The blood covered her face, and she yelped in pain. “We hate you the most for your witchcraft and for disobeying Us. Such a vile woman, how could We forgive you?”

Seeing that the Emperor was about to explode, the second prince, Xuan Tian Ling, quickly consoled him: “Father Emperor, please calm down for now. Aside from the matter of witchcraft, son still must ask Imperial Concubine Li about Fei Yu’s matter. I will ask to see what she knows.”

Once these words came out, Imperial Concubine Li suddenly shouted: “That’s not it! I didn’t want to harm Fei Yu. I did not harm that child! Your Majesty, this concubine also watched Fei Yu grow up and also loves him to bits. How could I go and harm him?”

“Imperial Concubine means that the matter in the forest is unrelated to you?” These words were asked by Feng Yu Heng. She was very clear that the little white tiger had been taken by someone under Imperial Concubine Li’s command. She just wanted to see what exactly Imperial Concubine Li would say.

With her saying this, Imperial Concubine Li quickly said: “There is a relation! I admit that it is related to me, but I just wanted to get that little white tiger out and wanted… wanted to scare Imperial Daughter Ji An. Your Majesty! This concubine really did not think that the tiger would hurt someone. If I knew that it would hurt someone, this concubine definitely would not dare touch it!”

The Emperor became even angrier this time. Not to mention cursing Feng Yu Heng, but Imperial Concubine Li had also harmed Xuan Fei Yu. That was the Emperor’s most beloved grandson! He glared at Imperial Concubine Li angrily, and his heart was tangled over what to do. Should she be killed? Internally, his heart favored the idea of having her killed. This sort of person being kept around would cause a mess, but Imperial Concubine Li had given birth to the sixth prince, and the Old Sixth happened to be quite a likable child. To kill Imperial Concubine Li just like this, perhaps that would create some sort of knot in his heart.

The Emperor was tangled over this; however, the second prince asked Imperial Concubine Li: “What were you stealing Imperial Daughter Ji An’s little white tiger for? Did that little white tiger provoke you or did the imperial daughter provoke you?”

At this time, Imperial Concubine Li did not have any ideas. Or it could be said that over the many years, she never had many ideas. She was not someone that had a naturally bad disposition, but she was just too gullible and was easily led by the nose. To speak of frightening Feng Yu Heng and causing her vexation, these were not things that she had come up with on her own. Instead, these were things that were mentioned during some gatherings of the imperial concubines that could not see the Emperor. Each of them was viler than the previous, and they were all exceedingly jealous. Although Imperial Concubine Li was not sociable and very rarely participated in these gatherings, she could hear a bit about these things. Slowly, she began to develop a hatred for the ninth prince, who was to become the crown prince. She developed even more hatred for Feng Yu Heng, who was supporting him from the back and was adding fuel to the fire. All of this was became she had also given birth to a prince. She had also had enough of that lifestyle in the inner palace. She could only hope that there would come a day when she could change her fate and change the 20 years of suffering.