626

Home Has Never Been Like Home

Fen Dai and Feng Yu Heng both had personalities that would not relent, and Feng Jin Yuan felt extremely helpless. He quickly began thinking things through in his mind. Although the Feng family was currently depending on the fifth prince to survive, compared to the strength that Feng Yu Heng had had for a long time, he still chose to advise Fen Dai to give in.

He cleared his throat and said to Fen Dai: "Your second sister just returned. As a younger sister, stop saying such unseemly things. You are no longer young and should learn what things you should and shouldn't say."

Fen Dai snorted coldly and looked at Feng Jin Yuan, a look of disappointment appearing in her eyes. She finally understood that the reason she could do as she pleased for the past year, with even her father showing her more respect was that Feng Yu Heng was not present. Once this second sister returned, the winds immediately changed directions. Even if the Feng family was living in a residence provided by the fifth prince, and even if the Feng family relied on the money provided by his Highness the fifth prince, and even if Feng Jin Yuan relied on the fifth prince for certain jobs, in the face of Feng Yu Heng, this father did not have the slightest bit of will and could immediately suppress her.

"Hmph." She snorted coldly, "Father said it really well. Since elder sister is here, why is the younger sister taking care of the family? Elder sister is also engaged to a prince, but why is the younger sister's fiance providing a residence for the family to stay in? Father, it would be best if you don't think that I am being too unfair."

Feng Jin Yuan feared that Fen Dai would say these things the most. In an instant, he was rendered speechless.

It was Feng Yu Heng that looked at Fen Dai in surprise before asking Feng Jin Yuan: "Father, wasn't this residence gifted by his Highness the fifth prince when asking for fourth sister's hand in marriage? The deed was given to you, right?"

Before Feng Jin Yuan could speak, Fen Dai could not hold back and shouted: "What do you mean?"

Feng Yu Heng spread her hands, "Precisely what I said. This residence was a condition of the fifth prince wanting to marry you. Put plainly, you can think of it as a business deal. He used a residence to buy you from father. That's why this residence was earned by father. What does it have to do with you?"

"You..." Fen Dai never thought that Feng Yu Heng could make things sound so ugly. She wanted to refute it, but she just continued to repeat the word "you," as she began to feel that Feng Yu Heng had left her with no room for argument. It sounded a bit ugly, but that was the reality of the situation!

Feng Yu Heng reminded her: "You can have his Highness the fifth prince reclaim this residence, but at the same time, father can naturally cancel the engagement. Fourth sister, do you want the house or the person?"

Fen Dai wanted the person. Of course, she wanted the person! But to have been pushed back like this, she felt truly unreconciled. "Second sister also need to think about it. You left for a year, but the family has been supported by me the entire time. It was his Highness the fifth prince that sent money each month to give me face. Otherwise, do you think that the Feng family would be able to continue to survive?"

These words caused Feng Jin Yuan's expression to turn extremely ugly; however, this was a truth that he could not refute.

This was not the case for Feng Yu Heng, as she asked Fen Dai: "You mean to say that I shouldn't have gone to serve the country. I shouldn't have gone out to fight a war for over a year. Instead, I should have stayed home to take care of you? Also, family? Whose family are you talking about?"

Fen Dai angrily stomped her foot: "Of course, it's the Feng residence. Our family!"

"Why do you need me to take care of you?" Feng Yu Heng was puzzled and asked: "I'm not a philanthropist. Why should I care about another family's matters?"