658

The Fury of the Ninth Prince and the Seventh Prince

“Imperial daughter!” The wet nurse suddenly turned toward Feng Yu Heng and said with a pleading expression: “Just now, this servant heard a maidservant say that the imperial daughter had come over to this side. I wonder if imperial daughter saw who killed our eldest young master? I beg imperial daughter to say it clearly! I beg imperial daughter!” While saying this, she began to kowtow.

In an instant, everyone’s gazes focused on Feng Yu Heng. Feng Yu Heng recalled that they had bumped into a servant while returning to the front yard. Thinking about it, that servant must have mentioned it. This was not much of a problem, but because of Lu Cuo’s death, it placed her where the waves were fiercest.

But what of it? Suspecting her? What a joke.

Feng Yu Heng snorted coldly, “That’s right, this imperial daughter did come because his Highness Fei Yu and Zi Rui saw a strange man standing near the bridal courtyard while they were running around and playing, thus I came over to take a look.”

The wet nurse was startled and rushed to say: “A strange man? Imperial daughter, what do those words mean? Our young miss only just married into the Yao manor. Imperial daughter, must not place this accusation on our young miss!”

Feng Yu Heng was puzzled, “What accusation? When did this imperial daughter accuse anyone of anything?”

The wet nurse’s tongue was tied, but she still reluctantly said: “Imperial daughter just said that there was a strange man standing near the bridal courtyard. This, this is not good for the new madam’s reputation.”

“That Lu Yao is able to secretly meet up with a man. What reputation is there to worry about?” Huang Quan could not bear to continue listening, “When we came over, we saw your young miss getting tied up with this dead person. They were speaking in a very veiled manner.”

“This…” The wet nurse was extremely shocked then began to deny it, “Miss, this absolutely must not be said!” As she spoke, she quickly kowtowed to Yao Jing Jun and loudly said: “Eldest master, you need to support our young miss! That’s right, young miss came out to see the eldest young master, but that was because the eldest young master has been out of province this entire time. He didn’t even make it back in time for when our young miss left the family home. When he finally arrived, he wanted to come over and speak with our young miss. They are brother and sister, and it’s normal that they would see each other. He even gave her a jade ruyi inlaid with gold.* If eldest master does not believe it, send someone to the bridal courtyard to check. This servant knows that young miss coming out on her own is improper, but no matter how improper, he was her elder brother. It’s completely different from what imperial daughter meant!” The wet nurse was becoming emotional. While speaking, she wiped away some tears then bitterly shouted toward Feng Yu Heng: “Imperial daughter, please be benevolent and forgive our young miss!”

Feng Yu Heng nearly laughed from hearing this and thought, wasn’t this wet nurse in too much of a rush to slander her? There were some missing links here!

But the wet nurse’s words were clearly understood by everyone. Put plainly, this matter was quite simple. It was just an elder brother that had come to see his younger sister and gave a wedding gift. What was wrong with that? The important matter was still why had the elder brother died. This wet nurse’s meaning was…

“Hey!” Suddenly, Xuan Tian Ge spoke up and asked the wet nurse: “Is there something wrong with your brain? Your eldest young master has died, yet you don’t ask Yao family’s eldest master to help find the culprit. Why is it that you’ve taken a bite at A-Heng? Open your eyes and take a look. Is this someone that you can afford to offend? You really are a crazy person!”