687

This Is More Like A-Heng’s Sister

Who knew if it was to respect the banquet for the Mid-Autumn Festival or if Xuan Tian Yi suddenly found a conscience, but the dress really did not have anything wrong with it. Even the small flower that he had personally embroidered at the hip seemed to have earnest stitchings, even if they were not exquisitely done. If someone did not look carefully, it would look fine.

Xiang Rong looked at the clothes then turned toward the clothes on the table. She sighed internally and said to the servant: “Forget it, I’ll go with these then!”

The servant was very satisfied and left behind the accessories before leaving. Shan Cha helped her fold the clothes once more then opened up the box of accessories. It was a set of pink jade head ornaments. They looked very cute and adorable but were not lacking in elegance. They were very suited to someone of Xiang Rong’s age. “So pretty.” The servant could not help but sigh: “His Highness the fourth prince clearly put his heart into it. Young miss should accept these feelings.”

Xiang Rong did not care about accepting them or not. She just carefully put away the former set of clothes but did not look at the clothes that Xuan Tian Yi had sent her.

Shan Cha wanted to say a few more words of advice, but it was at this time that Fen Dai’s voice came from the yard. It was a peculiar tone: “Is third sister in?”

Xiang Rong furrowed her brow slightly. She did not like to interact with Fen Dai. For the past year, she avoided her if she could; however, there was nothing that she could do if she came to visit. Who knew what wicked idea she had this time.

“Young miss.” Shan Cha said a bit unhappily: “How about this servant turns them away? Just say that you are sleeping and will not see any guests.”

“No need.” Xiang Rong sat back down in her chair, “Turning her away today will just mean that she’ll come tomorrow. If she wants to come and make me unhappy, it’s something that I can’t avoid. Forget it, just let her in.”

Just after this was said, the door was opened with a “bang” before Shan Cha could invite them inside. Feng Fen Dai had barged in despite the servants trying to hold her back. At the same time, she very rudely scolded the servants: “You really don’t know the severity of things. Is there anywhere in the current Feng residence that I cannot go? In this residence, you’re all eating my food and sleeping in my rooms, yet you actually dare to stop this young miss?”

The servants were silenced by her shouts, as they trembled with fear while looking at Xiang Rong. Only when Xiang Rong waved her hand did they retreat while feeling as if a heavy load had been lifted.

Shan Cha stood in place and did not move. She looked at Fen Dai cautiously. Fen Dai glared at her sideways: “What is it? Do you not see that there are valued guests that have come? Why have you not brought tea?”

Xiang Rong could no longer bear to listen and interjected: “The residence does not send a single cent to our courtyard each month. I have not eaten a single thing from fourth sister. I live poorly, and I don’t have any tea. If fourth sister is thirsty, Shan Cha, pour some plain water.”

“Yes, third young miss.” Shan Cha happily left.

Feng Fen Dai gritted her teeth, “Feng Xiang Rong, don’t be too delighted. Even if you have not eaten my things, the land that you are living on was given by my future husband. It would be best if you thought a bit before you spoke. Think about whether or not you have that right! Don’t spend your days learning nothing aside from how to spout nonsense from Feng Yu Heng.”

Xiang Rong became even more irritated and very impolitely said: “If I am not mistaken, this residence was given to the Feng manor as a betrothal gift by his Highness the fifth prince. Back then, the deed was placed under father’s name. Why do you still say that it’s yours?” With this one objection thrown out there, she did not wait for Fen Dai to speak and continued: “Also, fourth sister, you should rejoice that I haven’t learned much from second sister. Otherwise, the times that you provoked me, it would be impossible for you to leave whole. Or perhaps fourth sister truly feels that I should learn a bit more. Then I will just go ahead and learn. As for you, you should think carefully. When that time comes, if you are still so bossy, would you be able to endure the retribution?”