759

Give Her a Chance to Find a Father

Yao shi and Feng Jin Yuan had gone missing. This news caused Feng Yu Heng to freeze, but she very quickly understood. She returned to her room with a heavy expression. Qing Yu, Wang Chuan, Huang Quan and Ban Zou were all present, and they were all looking at her, waiting for her orders. But they just stared at their master for a long time without seeing Feng Yu Heng have any sort of reaction. Huang Quan could no longer endure and asked: “Young Miss, what should be done?”

Only then did Feng Yu Heng recover and ask: “What can be done?”

Huang Quan was puzzled, while Ban Zou and Wang Chuan frowned. It was Qing Yu that spoke up, saying: “News of their disappearance came two days ago, with people saying that Madam Yao was no longer in that courtyard. But apparently, she actually disappeared three days ago. Because we removed our hidden guards from that courtyard, the information did not travel as smoothly. Speaking of, the disappearance saw movement from the Yao family’s side first. Following that, the hidden guard that we stationed in the Feng residence to keep an eye on the young master also reported that Feng Jin Yuan also disappeared. Up until Young Miss returned, the two are still missing.”

“Missing is missing, but how did those two end up together?” Huang Quan was completely stumped, “Those two people aren’t even close! Aren’t they enemies? Or perhaps… their disappearances were coincidences and are unrelated?”

Wang Chuan, however, snorted coldly, “How could there be so many coincidences? As I see it, they’re just working together.” After saying this, she asked Feng Yu Heng: “Young Miss, what should be done about this? Should we concern ourselves with it? If the two were plotting a scheme together, that would be a small matter, but if they are captured by another group…”

“You’re worried that Feng Jin Yuan will kidnap Madam Yao?” Huang Quan waved her fist around, “Not to mention Feng Jin Yuan not having the courage or ability, even if he did, that would just serve Madam Yao right. Our young miss has already cut ties with her. Whoever wants to kidnap her can kidnap her. Young Miss, we don’t care about it. This servant will immediately go and prepare a bath for you. You should get a night of good sleep, and the matters outside can go as they want. It’s completely unrelated to us.”

Wang Chuan stomped her foot and stopped Huang Quan before advising Feng Yu Heng: “Young Miss, don’t listen to Huang Quan. This matter needs to be thought about carefully. As this servant sees it, could it be related to Noble Lady Yuan?”

When Wang Chuan’s words came out, Feng Yu Heng finally let out a smile then praised: “Someone has finally shown some progress. If the situation is indeed true, with the two disappearing at the same time, it’s very likely that they were secretly sent to the South by Noble Lady Yuan in order to meet up with Fu Ya. Or perhaps they will meet along the way before they even get to the South.”

“Should we give chase?” Ban Zou asked her, but after thinking for a bit, he shook his head: “It’s already too late to give chase. After so many days, who knows just how far they’ve gotten. Although there is only one official road from the capital to the South, there are quite a few smaller paths. There’s not much that we can do.”

“We won’t give chase. What’s there to chase?” Feng Yu Heng shrugged. Receiving a cup of tea that had just been brought in by a servant, she took a sip then said: “Noble Lady Yuan is trying to create a false image of having Imperial Daughter Ji An make an appearance in the South. It’s natural that she will need to make sure that the play is acted out fully. How could having just Fu Ya be enough? To make people believe it, Imperial Daughter Ji An still has not gotten married yet. She alone would not be able to handle the situation. If her father and mother are also brought along, Feng Jin Yuan and Yao shi being out there would make things clear. That would be a truly grand play. Only like that can Fu Ya’s identity feel more appropriate.”