728

Feng Yu Heng’s Strategies

The two climbed into the imperial carriage, as Huang Quan and Xuan Tian Hua’s attendant went to sit together outside the carriage. Feng Yu heng sat while hugging her knees and slowly said: “Since I’ve decided to no longer be Yao shi’s daughter, that naturally means that I am no longer Yao Xian’s granddaughter. If these ties are to be severed, they should be severed cleanly. There’s also the Feng family… From this day forward, I am only Da Shun’s Imperial Daughter Ji An. What family or relatives, nobody is related to me in any way. Seventh brother, what do you think about it?” She looked at him with a delicate smile. It was as though she was talking about something that was unrelated to herself.

But Xuan Tian Hua was still feeling quite hurt and subconsciously asked her: “Must you do things so thoroughly? You need to know that without these things, you really won’t have any relatives. Although we will still be around, we are not related to you by blood. It’s a bit different.”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, “but you also saw Yao shi’s current situation. The most basic cause of it all is that she was my mother and was connected to me. If there wasn’t that situation with the spirit-altering drug, she would not have become like she is now. A similar situation cannot be allowed to happen a second time. I definitely will not allow for that situation to occur. That’s why these ties must be severed.”

“Perhaps you are a little too arbitrary.” Xuan Tian Hua wanted to advise her to be a little more cautious and on guard, and things would be fine, but this sort of thing would not even be able to convince himself. The enemy’s methods would always need to be defended against. They could only face the danger as it came, and they would never be able to protect themselves fully from the danger. Otherwise, Yao shi’s matter would never have occurred. “Forget it.” Xuan Tian Hua nodded, “I admit it, what you said is right. It’s just a pity that nobody would know that the fearless Imperial Daughter Ji An is the most kind-hearted. It looks fractured, but it’s actually protected. Being alone from this day forward, you will have no other concerns.”

“That’s right!” Feng Yu Heng finally put on a bitter smile, “When I was doing well, I could have them enjoy the leisurely life with me, but the path I plan to walk will only get harder from here on out. There will be more and more enemies. As Da Shun’s situation changes, who knows how many trials will be laying in wait. Since I have made up my mind to work with Xuan Tian Ming in striving for and protecting this world, I need to be completely isolated. I cannot have any fetters or weak spots. Otherwise, once the enemy captures my weak spot, it will be difficult for me to act. When that time comes, not only will my loved ones get hurt, Xuan Tian Ming will also get dragged in. Fortunately, the current Yao family will be able to remain steadfast in the capital without me. As for the Feng family, the only one that I am worried about is Xiang Rong. Fortunately, there is His Highness the Fourth Prince, and there is not much need for me to worry too much.”

It was as though she was making funeral arrangements, going one task and one matter at a time, providing proper arrangements for everything. When they returned to the imperial daughter’s manor, Wang Chuan had returned to the capital ahead of schedule. Feng Yu Heng was not in the mood to say too much, and she went back to her room to rest on her own. It was Huang Quan that told Wang Chuan about what had just happened. It caused Wang Chuan to repeatedly sigh: “Young miss took the matter of Lady Yao becoming addicted to spirit-altering drug to heart. This is also good. It’s very clean, and young miss will not need to be overly cautious in the future.”

Feng Yu Heng had returned to the imperial daughter’s manor. Back in the other courtyard, Yao shi and Fu Ya were seated in the yard while they held each other and cried bitterly. Their cries caused the servants in the yard not dare to get close, as they all stayed far away.