795

The Cost of Opposing the Ninth Lord

“Old seventh.” The Emperor was exhausted, as he looked at the officials that were still kneeling on the ground with wounds covering their bodies. He felt an urge to push all of these people into the lake, but he could not. He could only ask Xuan Tian Hua: “Say, how should this matter be handled?”

Xuan Tian Hua, however, insisted on not giving him an answer, only telling him: “You are the emperor. You should be clearer on what to do than son.”

“You mean that it can only be done the way an emperor would handle it?” The Emperor looked at Feng Yu Heng with a bit of despair… To act as an emperor, he could not push away all of these officials for the sake of a girl. Among the people kneeling, there were lowly fourth and fifth ranked officials, but there were also the minister of the Board of Punishments and the minister of the Imperial Court of Justice. If he was to push aside these people today, news of it would spread around the capital. The word would be that the Emperor only favored the ninth prince and only has the son of Imperial Concubine Yun in his heart. Further, he favored the future ninth princess to the heavens. For the sake of letting Feng Yu Heng have a position in the palace, even officials like the minister of the Board of Justice and the minister from the Imperial Court of Justice would be pushed back. He even used a branch to hit people. His reputation as the ruler would be completely ruined.

The Emperor closed his eyes, and his heart trembled with anger; however, it was at this time that Xuan Tian Ming spoke up, saying: “You won’t let my wife meddle with things? You won’t let her enter the palace? That’s great! This prince really must thank my lords! Over the years, this prince has always been wondering why the daughters from other families could spend their days going around and buying accessories or clothing. They either spend their days having fun or eating out, or they just spend their time sleeping lazily at home or think about how to get a handsome husband. The lives that they live really are easy. But why does this prince’s wife need to spend her days worrying about the country’s matters? The Hundred Herb Hall that was opened in the capital does not sell as much medicine as it gives out, and it suffers a monetary loss each month. It’s all because A-Heng said that she wants to share Father Emperor’s burden. The size of Da Shun is large, and she can’t possibly concern herself with all of it, but when it’s in the capital, she wants to do all that she can to share Father Emperor’s burdens. But my lords have said it. Hundred Herb Hall does not need to remain open. In the future, she won’t need to worry about the matters of the country. This prince really must thank my lords for this. You have freed A-Heng.”

As he spoke, he sincerely bowed to these officials then winked at Feng Yu Heng without being noticed. He then continued: “From this day forward, Imperial Daughter Ji An will be enjoying her days idly in her manor. The Hundred Herb Hall in the capital will no longer be open for business. When idle, she will go out for a stroll and spend some money on accessories. In the future, she will no longer enter the imperial palace. Un, it will be settled like this.” After saying this, he smiled toward Feng Yu Heng, “Dear wife, what do you think?”

Of course, Feng Yu Heng had to give him face, thus she immediately smiled and said: “I was thinking of doing this long ago! Tomorrow, this imperial daughter will go and have them close Hundred Herb Hall.”

The two sides had expressed their attitudes, and the officials kneeling on the ground all let out a sigh. The mission handed down to them by His Highness the eighth prince had finally been completed. Although there had been numerous complications in the middle, in any case, this was the outcome that His Highness the eighth prince wanted. As for the two people that had suddenly been killed, they really did not know who had done it. In their hearts, they wondered, it should not have been His Highness the eighth prince, right? But the situation had not been investigated clearly. Nobody could speak wildly. They could only speculate internally.