657

Lu Cuo’s Death

The master and servants went back toward the front yard. Feng Yu Heng kept her head down without speaking the entire time. She was thinking about the situation the entire time. Even Wang Chuan and Huang Quan were thinking about the earlier scene.

After hearing Feng Yu Heng’s doubts, the two felt that there was indeed something a little off about those siblings, but they could not say what exactly seemed off about them.

While they walked, a servant ran down the path in a panic in their direction. At first, she bumped into Huang Quan. Huang Quan frowned and asked: “What happened that caused such urgency? What courtyard are you from?”

The servant was stunned at first. When she looked up and saw Feng Yu Heng, she quickly pulled her hand out of her sleeve. It turned out that she was holding some snacks in her hand. She said: “Replying to young miss, this servant takes care of the eldest young master’s courtyard. Just now, the new madam’s wet nurse had this servant go to the kitchen to get a few pastries, saying that she was worried that the new madam would get too hungry and not be able to endure until young master returns at night. This servant feared that the new madam would feel a bit ashamed from having people hear about this, thus I hurried back and ended up bumping into the miss. Would young miss please not assign blame.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded. A bride wanting to sneak a few bites was reasonable, thus she did not say anything and allowed the servant to return.

The front yard was still lively. Whichever table Yao Shu went to toast would see him be kept for a long time. Quietly returning to her seat, her shoulder was suddenly tapped from behind just as she sat down. She turned around and saw that it was Xuan Tian Ge.

“When did you get here?” She pulled Xuan Tian Ge to sit at her side, “I didn’t see you when they were inside the wedding hall.”

“I just got here.” Xuan Tian Ge said: “There were some matters at home that delayed me. I didn’t see the most lively moments. How is it going? Is the bride beautiful?”

Feng Yu Heng smiled bitterly, “Can you be a little more reasonable. The bride has had her bridal veil on the entire time. How could I see if she’s beautiful or not.”

Xuan Tian Ge smirked, “Even just thinking about it, you can know that she won’t be particularly beautiful. The foundation of the Lu family is like that. I really can’t understand how the groom of the Yao family ended up taking an interest in the Lu family’s daughter. I heard that it was the groom himself that wanted this?”

Feng Yu Heng also could not understand this and could only vaguely say: “It’s most likely that she is to his tastes.”

Xuan Tian Ge shrugged and did not continue with this topic. Instead, she asked her: “I see that your fourth sister came. Why did I not see Xiang Rong?”

Feng Yu Heng told her: “She was supposed to come, but Xiang Rong sent someone in the morning with a message saying that his Highness the fourth prince had an embroidery that he could not get right, and she was called over to the Ping Palace first thing in the morning. No matter what is being said, she is not being let go. I fear that she won’t make it in time for this banquet.”

“Hah!” Xuan Tian Ge’s desire to gossip burned bright: “Do you feel that fourth brother seems to like Xiang Rong?”

Feng Yu Heng was startled and recalled how his Highness the fourth prince really did vent his anger when Lu Yao had treated Xiang Rong in that way. But to speak of liking… “That’s not too probable, right?”

“How is that not possible!” Xuan Tian Ge was preparing to speak, “You weren’t in the capital a while ago, so you don’t know. Fourth brother has been learning embroidery very seriously. From time to time, he would call the Feng family’s third young miss to the Ping Palace to teach him. After having her teach, she would stay for food. Not just this, he takes the initiative to send tuition fees to the Feng family’s third young miss each month. Although it was sent back a few times, with the Ping Palace’s perseverance, Xiang Rong ended up accepting it. Say, if he didn’t have good feelings toward Xiang Rong, would he be so serious?”