679

This Is a Settlement

Whether or not they were afraid was something that Feng Yu Heng did not care about. Ever since she had come to Da Shun, her days had never been peaceful. The wind and waves had both come before. Could it be that she would still fear a prefect from Lan Zhou? Would she still fear an eighth prince? One after another, she dealt with enemies. She knew that the further things came along, the more she would win like a BOSS. There was no point in being afraid. She could only continue to train herself and continue charging forward. After charging through, she would be completely free.

Jiang shi was taken away by Xu Jing Yuan and did not return for the entire night. The next day, just as Ji Ling Tian made up his mind to look for Feng Yu Heng to try and think of a way to make this matter private before the Mid-Autumn Festival, news came from the government office. The case of Jiang shi taking imperial daughter Ji An’s jade would be held today. Lord Ji was invited to attend.

Ji Ling Tian had no choice but to change his course of action on the spot, heading to the government office first. He was thinking at first that since he had been called to attend, imperial daughter Ji An would also be among the invited. Meeting anywhere was still meeting. It would be better to head over to the government office. Moreover, the madam’s case would be tried in the court there. If he did not go and watch, he would not feel at ease.

Who knew that after arriving at the government office, he would not find Feng Yu Heng. Aside from Jiang shi and Ji Xiang, there was only one other person of importance. Apparently, the person in charge of Nirvana Pavilion was called Qing Yu.

Ji Ling Tian fiercely gritted his teeth and could not help but ask Xu Jing Yuan: “Lord Xu, what is the meaning of this? Since this official could be called out, why do I not see imperial daughter Ji An here?”

Xu Jing Yuan was puzzled, “Why would imperial daughter be here?”

“Hmph!” Ji Ling Tian said in a cold voice: “Even this official came. What is the meaning behind her not coming?”

Xu Jing Yuan understood, “It seems that lord Ji is competing with imperial daughter. Then this office will settle a debt for you. Prefects in Da Shun start from the fifth rank, but as a prefecture on the southern border, and with Lan Zhou being a large territory and having a unique environment, the prefect of Lan Zhou might be a standard third rank official, but it is treated on the same level as a standard second rank. Lord Ji, is what this office said correct?”

Ji Ling Tian sat up a little straighter. He was clearly very content with this description, nodding and saying: “That’s right.”

“Then this office just does not understand!” Xu Jing Yuan loudly said: “A lowly standard second rank official actually dares to compete in ranking with a lower first rank imperial daughter? Lord Ji, were you muddled from anger because of your madam’s thievery or what? That is an imperial daughter, not an official of the court. She’s a member of the imperial family!” Have you eaten too much and have nothing better to do? He forcefully held himself back from saying that last bit. If this was not in court, Xu Jing Yuan would definitely have insulted him with a torrent of abuse. What border, he was also the head official of the capital. He was no worse than Ji Ling Tian.

Even if this was the case, Ji Ling Tian’s face turned red then white from what was said. After hearing the onlookers erupt into laughter, he felt that he could no longer continue to attend this hearing. Thinking of how he could shake the earth in Lan Zhou with just a stomp, he now had to suffer this humiliation while in the capital.

But whether or not he listened was not up to him. Xu Jing Yuan slammed the gavel* on the table and loudly shouted: “What people are kneeling in the court!”