788

Scram Back to Persia!

Xuan Tian Mo felt that continuing to communicate with old ninth would definitely result in internal injuries. Ever since childhood, he would spout lies with a straight face, and as he grew older, his ability to speak nonsense improved. Why was it that during today’s banquet, he would just keep going on and on because he looked at Feng Yu Heng a little bit? He really did just drag the conversation onto whatever was most disgusting. With this blame being placed, although he did not care too much about some damn reputation, it was still annoying, was it not?

Even the smoothest of individuals would be left fuming with anger after dealing with Xuan Tian Ming. Xuan Tian Mo used a full 20 seconds to calm himself before finally ensuring that his voice would not carry any trace of anger. Only then did he say: “Ninth brother has always loved twisting words and situations. It seems that this ability has improved with age. You are the younger brother, and eighth brother will not argue with you. No matter how you try to argue it, it will be pointless. Since I have already brought them from the South, I just want to get an explanation. Moreover, with things as they are, even if I don’t want this explanation, do you think that the officials will easily forget about it?”

As he spoke, he looked toward the officials in the hall, and a portion of them stood on his side. This look was just like an imperial decree, as they immediately began to agree, “That’s right! We just want an explanation. We just want Imperial Daughter Ji An to explain the origins of her abilities. This request is not too unreasonable!”

In an instant, all of the officials began to rise, and even their families members began to cause a fuss. The eighth prince’s faction was not actually very large. There were many military officers, but it was a bit lacking in terms of government officials; however, stirring up the situation did not require too many people. People loved to participate in gossip to begin with. They would fan the flames in this hall. Naturally, they could not do anything to move the people that opposed them, but the people that were slightly lower in rank and were not aligned with any faction were very easy to incite. Also, what they had said was correct. They just wanted to know where Imperial Daughter Ji An’s abilities had come from. This was not unreasonable, and some people even said: “We have all used medicine from Hundred Herb Hall, and we have all had doctors from Hundred Herb Hall examine our health. We need to be able to feel at ease! Precisely where did the medicine come from?”

A perfectly good banquet became quite rowdy. The Emperor watched from the head seat with a frown on his face; however, he did not speak up to stop them. First, the law did not punish the majority, and there were too many people causing a ruckus. Also, their request was not unreasonable. If he moved to suppress them, it was likely to cause some resentment among the officials. There were times when the Emperor really could not be willful and needed to pay attention to the circumstances. Moreover, he really wanted to see how Feng Yu Heng would handle this mess. Of course, put plainly, he himself was also quite curious about Feng Yu Heng’s abilities. Thus the Emperor sat as a spectator with these complicated feelings. He just watched as the area below became chaotic, as he continued to remain silent.

As for the Empress, who was a very observant person, when she saw the Emperor’s current attitude, how could she not understand his feelings. Thus she also remained silent and continued to sip tea. With the imperial concubines seeing the Empress do this, they also vaguely understood. Either way, they did not have much power to speak. Seeing that the Empress and Imperial Concubine Gu Xian had chosen to stay away from the matter, what would they join in the ruckus for?! The only exception was Noble Lady Yuan, who would help chime in from time to time. She was the eighth prince’s birth mother. That she helped speak up at this time was something that people could understand.