723

Business Relationship

Feng Yu Heng did not understand what her own father’s words meant. Frowning, she looked at her own guard, hoping that they could provide an answer. Unfortunately, the guards did not know what the situation was and could only tell her: “Master Feng came last night. He came not long after imperial daughter left. Hearing that imperial daughter was not here, he has waited outside the entire time. The night was cold. This subordinate feared that he would freeze to death and asked Miss Huang Quan bring out a blanket.”

Feng Yu Heng could only sigh: “Feng Jin Yuan, you really are fortunate. Who knows what got into Huang Quan that made her too kind that would actually cause her to bring a blanket out for you. She is all too eager to see you freeze to death.” After she finished speaking, she flicked her sleeve and took large steps forward, “Come on in, don’t keep losing face for me outside the entrance.”

Upon hearing that he would be allowed in, Feng Jin Yuan let out a long sigh of relief and quickly followed. Perhaps he had been curled up outside for too long, as his body was a bit stiff. Unable to stand up steadily the first time, he fell back down. The guard at the entrance had no choice but to step forward and help support him until they arrived in the main hall.

Huang Quan came over upon seeing that Feng Yu Heng had entered the courtyard. Seeing Feng Jin Yuan, her face was filled with contempt. But her mood was clearly quite good. After entering the hall, she even told the guard to place Feng Jin Yuan in a chair. She then had the servants go and brew some warm tea, which left Feng Yu Heng extremely puzzled.

But how could Feng Jin Yuan be thinking about drinking warm tea. Upon sitting down, he raised his hand to wipe away some tears. While wiping away tears, he complained to Feng Yu Heng: “A-Heng, you are the daughter of the first wife. You need to do something about your fourth sister. She flaunts the fact that she has the fifth prince’s power and always looks down on others, including me, the father. At home, she beats me and insults me and has never given me a shred of face. This is also acceptable, who told me to live in her home and eat her food. Being beaten and insulted are both things that I can endure, but even the servants in the residence are listening to her, as they locked this master out! A-Heng, if you don’t help father, father will be left out on the streets!”

Feng Jin Yuan’s cries really came with quite a few tears; however, these tears were unable to move anyone. Also, no matter how they looked at him, he looked like an old woman trying to sell vegetables, as his irrelevant words sounded as if they were just gossip about another family’s matters. Feng Yu Heng hated hearing about this sort of thing the most; however, Huang Quan became interested, “What did you say? You were chased out by Feng Fen Dai? Hahaha! Master Feng, who knew that you would have such a day too!” When she said those final words, her expression became cold. She then turned to ask Feng Yu Heng, “Young Miss, this is really a reminiscent scene!”

“But of course.” Feng Yu Heng held a teacup in her hand, “Thinking about how mother, younger brother and I were chased out of the home and were unable to find a place to stay, we also cried quite a few tears. Hah!” She sighed, “It really is a reminiscent scene!”

Feng Jin Yuan’s sobbing stopped. With his hand lingering next to his eyes, he stared at Feng Yu Heng in a daze. A chill began to creep up from the bottom of his heart.

A reminiscent scene? Was she settling a debt with him? If that was the case, had he made a mistake in coming to the imperial daughter’s manor for help? How could this girl keep so many grudges? But… aside from the imperial daughter’s manor, where else could he go?

“A-Heng.” He thought for a bit then made up his mind, “The matters of the past are already in the past. Father also knows that what was done back then was wrong, but there was nothing that I could do. At that time, you were still young and did not know much of the situation. But you should know that your grandmother was still around at that time. With her around, she was the one that made decisions for the family. When the situation had occurred with the Yao family, your grandmother’s first reaction was self-preservation, given that she was a madam. There was not much wrong with that. That’s why sending the three of you away at that time was your grandmother’s intention. It was not father’s original intention!” As he spoke, he began to sob once more.