Prom

Barry has dreamed of this day since he was 11. He dreamed of going to junior or senior prom with Iris west. And today, he was living his dream.

Even though they were going as friends, Barry knew why. Sadly, Walker Smith broke Iris' heart, dumping her before prom. Barry knew it was his job to help her.

Iris came down the stairs in her prom dress. It was red red, long, and puffy. Barry thought it fit her perfectly.

"Iris...you look beautiful." Barry smiles and met her at the end of the stairs. He lightly grabbed her hand to help her down the next stair.

"Thank you Bar. You look very handsome." Iris smiled.

Joe gave Barry a little talk before iris came down. He said:
Listen bare, I know how hard tonight is gonna be, because you won't tell her how you feel, but maybe you should. Tonight would be the perfect time. I really hope you take advantage of it.

Barry didn't know what he should do with his feelings tonight. Should he kiss her? Would that tip her to know he likes her?

"We should get going." Barry smiled as they made their way to Barry's new car he just started to drive.

"Bye dad." Said iris as she hugged her father.

"Have fun, but stay out of trouble. I hope your junior prom isn't like mine." Joe laughed.

"Don't worry joe, I'll keep her out of trouble." Barry smirked at iris teasing her.

"Shut up." Iris laughed and smacked his arm.

"Bye kids." Said joe as they walked out to Barry's car.

Barry opened Iris' car door on the passenger side and closed it when she got her dress in.

"Thank you." Iris blushed as Barry got in his side and started the car.

He turned to her and smiled warmly.

"Iris, I'm really sorry about what Happened with Walker, he's a jerk." Barry held Iris hand with one hand on the wheel.

"It's okay bare. It's not your fault. He was a bad kisser anyways." Iris scrunched her nose in disgust.

Barry threw his head back laughing. "Gross." Barry stopped laughing.

"Not to be weird, but your probably a better kisser than him." Iris laughed.

Barry blushed hard and smiled. He pulled into the school and helped iris out of the car.

Barry wasn't the most popular kid at school. Iris was prominent but not the most popular either. She had a few friends but they were fake.

"Iris! You look amazing!" Said her friend. The other one said "why did you take Barry?" In a snarky tone.

"Because he's my best friend. Unlike you all." Iris huffed and walked over to Barry.

"What just happened?" Barry asked handing out a punch cup to iris.

"You don't want to know." Iris sighed.

"Hey, it's okay, tonight's gonna be the best night ever. Okay?" Barry searches for her eyes.

"Okay." Iris nodded and smiled.

-

Throughout the night, Barry and iris just talked and sat at the table. Iris realized that they haven't danced at all, and what better than to dance a slow song.

'What I did for love' started to play and Iris immediately grabbed Barry's hand.

"What are you doing?" Barry asked nervously.

"Come on bare, we have to dance at least once. Why not make it a slow song?" Iris smiled and brought him to the dance floor.

"Fine." Barry smiles.

He wrapped his hands around her waist and hers around his neck.

She looked up into his green eyes and his in her brown ones.

They both smiled and blushed the whole dance.

They played a couple slow songs, actually. 3 other slow songs play after that.

During 'All of me' iris yawned. Barry noticed her eyes getting droopy. Involuntary, Iris' head fell on Barry's chest slowly. Barry could see eyes on them but didn't care.

After a few minutes of Iris' head on Barry's chest, she immediately brought her head up. "I'm so sorry bare." Iris said frantically.

"No no, it's okay." Barry smiled and gently held her cheek and guided her head to his chest. Iris put her hand on his chest too.

Barry's hands were on Iris' lower back and holding her close to him. Seeing all their drunk classmates made Barry hold onto Iris tighter. He rested his chin lightly on her hair and smiled.

Swaying slowly Barry took in the moment he knew he'd never forget. He didn't care if he told Iris he loved her, or kissed her, all he wanted were the little things he could remember even more.