Protective dad

Requested by thenerduniverse thanks gal!

Request: Barry's reaction to Nora's first boyfriend (protective dad)

When Barry saw 18 year old, Nora's first boyfriend walk through the door, his jaw dropped down. Her boyfriend Luke, didn't look like he would ever be the person to talk to Nora. He had a punk kind of look. Ripped jeans, a band name on his t shirt, black converse, black hair spiked up.

Iris tried to be nice and stuck out her hand and said "hi Luke , I'm Mrs. West-Allen." Barry stood there with wide eyes.

"It's nice to meet you." luke Said.

How could his little girl have any interest in this emo dude? Nora looked expectantly at her dad for him to at least say hello. He got out of his trance and walked a little closer to Luke.

"Hi luke, I'm Mr. Allen, Nora's father." Barry said with a fake smile. His grip on Lukes hand was so tight, Nora saw his hand turn blue.

"Hi mr. Allen, it's nice to meet you." Luke said nervously.

"Well! How about we have some dinner!" Said Nora releasing the tension.

"Right!" Iris clapped.

They went to the loft table and sat down at the food. There was chicken, vegetables, potatoes, and salad.

Barry sat at the head of the table and Iris sat on the left side of him, Nora on the right with her boyfriend next to her.

-

"So Luke, what are your hobbies? Do any sports? Instruments?" Barry asked as they were all done eating and just talking.

"Yes sir, I play basketball in the winter, and do track in spring time. That's actually how me and Nora met." Luke said smiling and holding Nora's hand over the table.

Iris smiled. "Oh really? That's so nice. Nora didn't tell us that." Barry said sounding surprised.

"Yeah, when I first saw her, she was so fast on the track, and I remember the first meet, she got first place in the high school league. I was a bit jealous." Luke explained.

"That's my girl." Barry smiled at Nora and put his hand on her knee under the table. She smiled at him, thankful he approved.

"What time is it?" Iris asked.

"About 9:45." Nora said as she checked her phone.

"I need to be home by 10:30." Said Luke.

"We have some time then. Nora how about we give your dad and Luke to talk?" Iris asked as she waved Nora on as she got up.

"Ok." Nora nodded and kissed Luke in front of her parents. Barry's eyes opened wide and Iris just giggled at Barry's reaction.
When Barry saw Luke's hand drift on Nora's hips he immediately cleared his throat for them to stop.

Luke's face turned a shade of pink and smiled at Nora as she walked away with her mom.

"Are you guys officially dating?" Barry asked leaning back in his chair comfortably.

"Well that's why I came over, sir. So I could ask for your permission to be her boyfriend." Luke suggested.

"Oh wow." Barry said taken aback from the news.

"Sir, I love Nora so much. She is beautiful and sweet, smart and an amazing person. Since meeting you and your wife, I know exactly where she gets it all from. I've never felt this way about anyone before and it would mean the world to me if you would trust me with your daughter." Luke almost begged.

"You seem like a good kid Luke. I just want to know a few things first. This is my daughter we're talking about." Barry said as he leaned on the table.

"Anything." Luke nodded.

"Do you drink or do any drugs?" Asked Barry seriously.

"Of course not sir. I was raised to never do that." Luke said.

"Good. Have you ever smoked?" Asked Barry.

"No, it's horrible for runners so I stay away." Luke said.

"That's good. Would you do anything to keep Nora safe at all times? Would you protect her anytime and anywhere?" Asked Barry.

"Definitely sir. I would do anything for her. Even though she is braver than anyone." Luke said.

"Right. I don't want any funny business that she is not comfortable with. You ask her before you do anything that serious. You know what I mean?" Asked Barry.

"Oh yes I understand sir. I would never rush into anything without her consent." Luke said as he got a bit flustered.

"Good. Just overall, treat her right and don't do anything you shouldn't. And if you do that, you can be my daughters boyfriend." Barry smiled actually giving in.

Nora always talked about Luke and how sweet he was to her. He wanted to give his daughter everything that made her happy, I guess she moved onto another guy than him. He always liked being the only male in her life that she could love. But now she had a guy that she wanted to spend her time with besides Barry.

"Thank you Mr. Allen. I promise I will treat her with respect and everything that comes with it." Luke nodded and shook Barry's hand.

"Good." Barry said as he heard Nora and Iris walk in.

"How's it go?" Iris asked leaning into Barry's shoulder.

"I think they'd be a great couple." Barry said

"Thanks dad." Said Nora as she went to hug Barry.

"Anything for my little girl." Barry hid his face in her hair.

"Thank you for everything mr. and Mrs. Allen." Said Luke as he gave them both a hand shake.

"Of course Luke. Come anytime." Said Iris smiling.

Nora walked him out to his car.

"I think they're a good match." Iris said looking up at Barry.

"Yeah, I just can't believe she got another guy besides me to spend her time with. I feel left behind." Barry sighed.

"Aww Barry, She'll always have you. Maybe this boyfriend is temporary. You will always be her favorite guy." Iris assured him.

"Yeah. I taught her how to have a good taste in guys. I guess she applied it early." Barry smiled.

"I guess so." Iris nodded.