Love doesn't last forever

(Clip from trailer) Barry is laying on the couch in the loft upset about the crisis newspaper. Iris talks to him and Joe comes in to make him realize something huge.

Barry lay defeated on the couch. His legs too long for it. His head pounding and his lip trembling. Eyes threading to shoot tears any second from now.

He snapped out of his gaze at his and Iris' wedding picture when he heard the door open and close.

"There you are." Iris sprinted over and sighed of relief as she swiftly took off her heels near the couch and sat with her husband.

"You didn't know I left star labs early?" Barry asked as he put a hand in back of his head.

"I just saw you speed out. Thought it was an emergency." Iris caught her breath and leaned into his torso.

He quickly put his hand on her thigh to comfort her in this situation.

"Never be worried about where I am or where I'm going. I'll always come back to you." Barry stares her blank in the eyes.

"Y-yeah I know." Iris nodded hesitantly.

"Iris..." Barry started and rubbed his thumb across her thigh slowly.

"Barry, anything you say won't change how either of us feel. It won't change what we know will happen. Let's just have a normal talk ok?" Iris sighed out and pushed his hair out of his face and put on her best smile right now.

"I love you." Barry chuckled, how's that for starting conversation.

"I love you." Iris leaned down to kiss his chapped lips.

"You don't deserve what you're going through Barry. If there's anything I can or we all can do to make your life better right now, please tell me." Iris pleased and swayed her hand all over his chest and biceps.

Barry smiles at her motions on him, "just having you with me all the time, knowing you're safe, is all I need. And knowing that everyone is safe. That's all I we'll ever need." Barry sighed and sniffled.

"Good. Good." Iris nodded and laid into him.

"You know what, before we do any of that. I need to take a quick shower, that sound good?" Barry nodded viciously and spanked his butt to joke with her.

"Love you." Barry whispered.

"I love you." Iris kissed his head and winked as she jogged upstairs.

I can't loose her. I can't loose her. Barry repeated as he stared at where she had ran up the stairs.

He heard a knock at the door and yelled "who is it?!"

"Your father-in-law." Barry smiles to himself as said "you're free to enter."

"Hey son." Joe smiles as he casually walked to the couch.

He sat near Barry's feet and put a hand on his leg.

"Hey joe, what brings you here." Barry groaned and laid back.

"Caitlin just told me about your crisis, literally." Joe sighed and placed his hand on his forehead.

"Joe, I'll be fine." Barry said uncertainty.

"Are you sure bare? Because everything in the future points to you having to sacrifice yourself for everyone. Same with Oliver!" Joe said stressfully.

"I-I know Joe." Barry said letting tears fall.

"Where's my baby." Joe said looking around and getting concerned.

"She's taking a shower, Joe." Barry calmed him.

"I need you and Iris to be safe at all costs. I can't loose any of my kids." Joe said looking him straight on.

"I sweated to protect her with my life I long time before we were even married, or dating. So I think we'll be ok." Barry smiles.

"Good, good. I trust you bar. Don't do anything crazy."joe mumbled the last part.

"Crazy? What do I do that's crazy?" Barry asked.

"I don't want you changing our lives, our futures, just for this event." Joe said.

"Y-yeah I know." Barry sighed and looked down.

"Barry, whether you realize it or not, one day Iris will loose you. You'll probably be the first one to die. I'm sorry son, but I think she should get used to living without you. She nearly broke apart after the speed force. But this? She may be there and see you die violently. It's traumatic." Joe explained with a heavy heart.

"Maybe you're right." Barry looked down at his clothes and sighed.

"Right about what?" Iris asked as she skipped down the stairs in her robe only.

"Oh dad! I um- didn't realize you'd be here." She said as she covered her robe more.

"Uh huh." Joe said sarcastically. "Well you too have fun." Barry smirked at iris as she sat on the couch.

Joe got up and kissed iris cheek and same with Barry's.

"Love you two."Joe said walked out.

"Love you!" Barry and iris both said.

Iris stared at Barry and asked "what's right?" Iris asked because of their past conversation.

"Nothing." Barry shrugged and kissed her.

"Hmm think you can seduce me out of investigating. It's my none baby." Iris giggled and laid herself on him.

"No no no, we are not having sex on the couch. Too informal." Barry does them upstairs. He ripped off her robe and smiled.

"You're crazy Barry Allen."

That word crazy triggered in Barry's mind as from what joe said. 

"Yeah I am." Barry growlers and started kissing her everywhere.