Man enough

Barry Lets out an insult that iris takes to heart. She reacts immediately.

"I'm sorry I'm not a superhero like you! But I'm allowed to put myself into the field to right a story!" Iris yelled as Barry listened.

She went out for a story and got hurt. She broke her arm and broke some ribs.

"Iris you don't have speed healing like I do! You don't have super powers to assure you're gonna be okay!" Barry threw his hands up in argument.

"It's not even that bad Barry!" Iris yelled.

They were sitting in Star labs med bay. Iris was in the bed and Barry was pacing. Thankfully no one was there listening.

"It is bad! It is! Because you don't have powers, you can't handle yourself, you are irresponsible, and you're not man enough to do it at all!" Barry randomly let that phrase slip.

Iris was brought to tears by how rude and inconsiderate he was to her. "Get away from me." Iris grumbled.

"Iris." Barry said walking over to try and apologize.

"I know I'm not a man Barry but that doesn't mean I can't do anything you can!" Iris yelled.

"Iris you know I didn't mean it." Barry said.

"Yes you did. If you didn't say it you were thinking in. Don't even go there." Iris scoffed and turned away from him.

"Get out of here. I don't want to look at you." Iris sobbed.

"I'll see you at home." Barry sighed and sped away.

Iris was sitting there, crying. Alone. Waiting for someone to come help.

No one did. She had to make a decision on her own part. To go home for Barry just to apologize forever, or go to her dads house and get his advice.

She went to dads house.

"Iris. You're going to be okay. You'll get past this. I know how strong you are." Joe hugged her after she told the story in tears.

"He just doesn't think I can do anything if he's not there. It's like he wants me to be afraid of society so he can just hold me hand or carry me through it. I don't want that dad. You know that." Iris sighed.

"I know your strong. I know you're tough. I know you can handle anything, with or without your husband. But he is trying to keep you safe. You're his treasure Iris. He loves you. So much." Joe smiles.

"Yeah...you're right." Iris realized his intentions.

"Go to Barry, Iris. And make this right." Joe hugged her as she was off to see her husband.

"B-Barry?" Iris announced through the loft.

She didn't hear anyone answer but she saw a light in her bedroom. She heard heavy sobs come from the room and knew it was Barry.

"Baby what's wrong?" Iris walked in.

"I'm so sorry Iris." Barry sobbed and ran over to her at the doorway and hugged her.

"I'm sorry too babe." Iris sighed and rubbed his back.

"I was so mean to you, I didn't mean a word I said. I just care for you too much to let you get hurt. I'm sorry." Barry sighed.

"I love you. I know your intentions now. I know you wouldn't ever want to hurt me." Iris smiled up at him.

"Damn right I wouldn't. You're my life Iris. If you die, I'd die." Barry smiled sheepishly and kissed her cheek.

"I love you." Barry said.

"I'll always love you." Iris smiled. They pressed their heads together and didn't move until Barry realized they had to rest for Iris to feel better.