Speed force

Barry gets out of the speed force and doesn't know who iris is. Iris shaves Barry. Pipeline scene, rewritten.

Iris silently cries in the pipeline next to Barry's cell. He doesn't even acknowledge her presence.

Usually, if this were the real Barry, he would immediately take her into his arms and hold her for hours until she was completely calm. This Barry doesn't even low her name. Or that they're engaged.

"Barry?" Iris asked softly not wanting to startle him, "Barry." She said a bit louder.

She opened the pipeline door and walked near him. He turned around and had a confused face on.

"Dream. Gleam. Nothing seems...." Barry muttered as he kept drawing speed force language.

"Nora shouldn't be here." He said sighing and looking around the cell with a smile.

"Barry." Iris held his shoulder as he looked into her eyes.

"Every hour every minute." Barry replies with a crazy laugh.

"Barry, I'm going to shave your beard. Okay? It may tickle or sting. You'll be okay." Iris said sitting him down.

Iris has shaved Barry's beard plenty of times. When he was sick, or just for fun. Barry trusted Iris with anything, and also a razor blade to his neck.

"Sit still baby." Iris smiled and stroked her hand across his hairy jaw and smiled.

"I love you Barry Allen. I love you Iris West." Barry recited the love that her and Barry said during Christmas last year when he bought their loft.

"I love you Barry." Iris said with tears rushing down her cheeks.

She quickly pushed them away.

She gave him a quick kiss on his lips. The hair above them tickled her lips. She smiled and pulled away. "There's that smile." Barry murmurs as he closed his eyes slowly.

She thought he may be normal Barry again but pushed that idea aside.

She started to shave him slowly and gently, Incase he made any sudden movements, she didn't want to cut him.

"All done baby." Iris stroked her hand across his new baby face. "You're so handsome." She sniffed and smiled sadly.

"Lain, plain, drain, pain." Barry said angrily.

"Oh Barry." Iris sighed as she heard her father come in.

"Sweetheart, Id leave him alone for right now." Joe took her hand.

"I just don't want to leave him dad. He's so hopeless. He's like a baby that just came to earth and doesn't know what to do." Iris cried into him.

"I know sweetie, but he will eventually get better. So will you."

"Yeah." Iris sighed and she closed the door and saw Barry smiling and laughing to himself while writing.

"I love him so much dad. This just feels wrong. Locking him up." Iris said.

"I know Iris. I know it does." Joe sighed and kissed her head as he lead them upstairs.

As they left Barry's yees flickered with lightning. "Iris."