Breathe

Iris worries Barry won't wake up. After the coma. Not dating.

Iris had been staying up with Barry for about 4 hours now, just catching up. Not even 3 days ago Barry was in a life threatening coma.

"I should go, you're probably tired." Iris said as she yawned and patted his leg.

"No no it's okay. Stay. I don't need to sleep yet. I'm not even tired." Barry shrugged and as he held out his hand.

She blushed and pushed her hair behind her ear and smiled. "Okay." She said quietly.

-

They talked for another hour until Barry was showing signs of fatigue. "Barry you need to sleep." Iris smiled and packed up her purse.

"Okay fine. But you should stay over. It's 12am and I don't want you walking alone in the city." Barry patted the seat next to him on the couch.

"Okay." Iris rolled her eyes playfully. "Goodnight Bare." She smiled and gave him a hug.

"Go sleep in my bed. It's more comfortable." Barry murmured as he was already drifting to sleep.

"Nope. I'm staying with you." Iris held his hand and smiled.

"Fine." Barry sighed out and smiled too.

-

At 5am iris woke up like she usually does, and peered over to see Barry fast asleep.

He had a pillow clutched in his hands and had his mouth open slightly and laying on his back. Iris thought he looked so peaceful and beautiful.

She pushed a piece of sweaty hair back to the rest of his hair. She noticed a shine on his forehead and sighed "he is still having nightmares." She said to herself.

She slowly realized that she didn't see his chest rising and falling from where the pillow was blocking his chest. "Barry?" She tapped his shoulder.

He stayed the same. "Barry!" She cried out with tears forming. She thought he was dead.

"Barry! Please!" She yelled as she put her hands on either side of his face.

"Iris." Barry mumbled and suddenly was wide awake. "Iris? What's wrong are you okay?" Barry quickly asked as he held her wrists that were on his cheeks.

"I'm fine I'm fine." She assured him catching her breath. "Are you okay?" She asked returning the question.

"I'm good. Why?" He asked as he relaxed a little.

"I thought you weren't breathing. Barry I thought you were dead. Your chest wasn't rising or falling." Iris sighed and leaned her head on his chest slowly.

"Iris I'm okay. I'm not gonna randomly die on you." Barry smiled and pulled her up next to him.

"But you were just in a coma. There can be after effects." She sighed and held his hand.

"I'm pretty sure dying isn't an after effect." Barry chuckled and hugged her.

"I know it's stupid that I think this. But I can't lose you again." Iris sighed.

"I know I know." Barry sighed. "I'm always okay. I promise." Barry smiled down at her.

"I can't lose you again." She said.

"And you won't. You never have to." Barry hugged her tighter.

"Thanks Bare. I love you." She said platonically.

"I love you too iris." Barry smiled knowing that's how far they'll ever get to a relationship.