The Flash.

Barry had a good life. Sure, there were some set backs like his parents dying and some not too friendly speedsters but overall, things turned out great for him.

As you know the saying "bad things happen to good people." And everyone in Barry's life believes that for him.

Growing up with Iris and Joe, Barry was content. He didn't have anything to change. That was how his life would start to mold, with her.

Joe knew that the other guys Iris dated didn't even compare to Barry Allen. They didn't treat her with the undying respect that they have for each other. Barry didn't need to ask for permission to marry Joe's daughter because Joe would've  said yes anyway. He's the best man Joe knows.

Their wedding didn't go as planned but that's okay. In the end they had vows, they had rings, and he kissed his bride. That's all he ever wanted. Barry wasn't one to want to dress up for many occasions but for this he went all out. All he wanted to see was Iris in her wedding gown. And he got to see that, before nazis came and crashed it.

Iris could be wearing a dirty sweatshirt and old sweatpants and no makeup (like she wears at home alone with Barry) and he would still have tears spilling out of his eyes of joy. That's the kind of partner he is, he's seen her through it all.

He's seen her when she's been up, and down. He grew up with her one door down. He's seen every part of her, inside and out. He knows her more than science.

Barry's favorite part of the wedding was their pictures. Iris saw how happy Barry was to even be standing next to her let alone be marrying her. He loved getting the pictures and giving them each a spot in the loft where everyone could see.

They'd talked about having children when it came to the subject. They're in love, of course they want a baby.

Barry's biggest wish and biggest fear is being a father. He's always been nervous because he technically didn't grew up with his father. But he had Joe as a great inspiration.

Barry can't even take care of McSnurtle the turtle, let alone a human being. Barry had always been tender on the subject of raising a kid, because that's all he's ever wanted to do with Iris.

Some guys will fantasize about sex with their spouse, but Barry, his whole life, he has thought bout two big things. Marrying Iris, and her bringing his children into the world. His children. That's all he's ever wanted.

When Iris got pregnant, Barry was speechless. They had planned on Iris getting pregnant. They were financially stable and they agreed on making the biggest decision of their life.

The first sonogram was enlightening for Barry. A little heart beats inside Iris' stomach. There's nothing more beautiful and amazing than that.

The first sight of a baby bump was hard on Iris. She hated looking so big and useless at work. Barry, being a good husband, didn't mess with her hormones and told her the truth. He told her that to him, she looked beautiful. She didn't believe it but that little reassurance got her out of the house.

The delivery of the baby was terrifying to Barry. He didn't do good under pressure and being that he passed out during that quarter of health class in high school didn't give Iris any hope. Luckily Joe was in there to calm Iris and Barry down at the sight.

When Nora was born Barry just stared at her as she laid in her mother's arms with a blank expression. He didn't know what to do or say. He didn't want to hurt her if he picked her up. He's never been good at holding babies.

Iris helped him steady himself on the bed and handed Nora to him. "You have the same name as my mommy, Nora." Barry put his thumb in her whole hand.

She opened her mouth and yawned slowly, Barry rocked her and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. Iris watched and joyful tears spilled. When she was fast asleep Barry said "My sweet Nora, your daddy loves you more than you could ever imagine." He kissed her cheek and slowly gave her up to Iris.

Every one of their friends and family came to the hospital to meet the new member of team flash. Nora Dawn West-Allen.

Felicity and Oliver, Cisco and Caitlin, Joe And Cecile, Kara And Mon-el, Diggle and Lyla, Thea and Roy, and Wells came to visit. Barry and Iris didn't even have to say anything when they walked in.

They all just said "they're beautiful." Or "they are beautiful just like their parents."

Captain Singh even came to visit with his Fiancée. "Wow, I can't believe you did it, Allen, West-Allen." Said David as he wiped a tear from his eye.

Barry and David Singh go way back almost 7 years. Barry has been under the control of Singh for years and has learned to become good friends with him. He did go to their wedding. And David seeing Barry grow up and start dating and get married and  have a baby in a matter of 3 years...was beyond him.

"Thank you, Captain." Barry smiles up at David.

Barry realized that this was all his. This reality. This life. This love. This family. All this was his. And Iris'. Their love was this strong and it made their lives even bigger than he thought they were.

Barry has everything He'd ever wanted in those years. He got the girl, and was blessed with another. His girls. All his. No one could ever take his girls away. He would never let anything happen to each of them. He'd die for either of them in an instant. That's the sacrifice he had to make.

Leaving his family all the times before this has been hard. The coma, he didn't have a love, just pining for someone he thought he could've have. The speed force, that's when he felt most guilty, Iris was his fiancée. And now this, when they're married and now have a child together? And he has to leave not just the love of his life but the best thing that's ever happened to him? He couldn't do it. But if he didn't go they'd get hurt, or worse. Everyone he loved would die.

"I'm the flash for my family. I do it for you, and your mom." Barry replayed the sentence he said to his daughter from the future. You have to do it, for them.

He promised himself that he'd take a bullet for either of them any day. Now, today is worse than a bullet, and he's the only one fast enough to save them...he's The flash.

The name lived up to so much glory. And Nora will live up to it. Without a doubt.

But today he has to go. For his girls. For the city. For the world. He has to put on his suit and plaster a brave face, but they all know he is dying inside.

He fought their battle and like people who win, all his loved ones are save. But like people who lose, he was gone.

Iris has always seen 2 things ever since the day she saw the article. Barry's smile, when he came back from a mission. And the way he looked at her and Nora. The way that he made sure everyone could see. He made them feel like the only girls in the world. That's all she's ever seen and still wants to see.

April 24, 2024 will be a day she will never forget.

As she sits at her laptop in the dim light of the lamp Barry bought for the house, she typed.

25 years later flash still missing