Lives like ours

Barry and iris are so tired. Barry is tired from super-heroing and Iris is tired from parenting Nora.

Iris was in bed at 12:00am after finally settling baby Nora down. Nora never wants to drink from the bottle, and Iris can't handle it right now. She was in be for a solid 10 minutes when she heard the front door open slowly.

She decided not to get up, knowing it was Barry from his text: sorry I'm home late. Don't stay up for me.

When she heard the sluggish sounding footsteps come from the stairs up towards their room, she sat up a little and turned on the nightlight to see him. When she saw the sight of her disheveled husband she couldn't help but sympathetically smile at him.

"Hi honey." Iris sighed as she got up to give him love.

"Hi." Barry huffed our as he dropped his jacket on the carpeted floor and slipped off his shoes. "I'm so exhausted." Barry said as he bent down to give her a quick kiss.

"Same here. Nora just fell asleep. I can't handle her feeding from my breast anymore Barry, I just can't." Iris started to get emotional as she started to tear up. "I tried to give her the bottle but it took hours for her to cooperate." Iris sighed and rubbed her temples.

"Iris you're doing as best you can. And to me, your best is the greatest I've ever seen. You're a great mommy to Nora." Barry smiled as much as he could given the circumstances, and crouched in front of her.

"You're a great daddy to her too, baby." Iris took his head in her hands and kissed his forehead.

"Thank you. Now I'm gonna get undressed so we can de-stress ourselves." Barry smiled slightly and got up.

"How was work? I'm sure it was exhausting." Iris sighed as she adjusted her robe and snuggled back into the bed.

"So many things to do, so many places to go. I just wanted to be here with my wife and baby." Barry sighed and looked down. "I want to 3 crime scenes, and fought 6 metas in a team today." Barry said as he undid his button down and kept his undershirt on.

"Oh babe." Iris Said sympathetically. "I guess we both had bad days." Iris said.

"Yeah. How was Nora the rest of the day?" Barry asked as he swiftly unbuckled his belt and unbuttoned his jeans. He lazily took off the pant legs and kept on his boxers.

"She was quiet most the day, but oh when I put on Word World, the girl goes nuts. She always likes to gurgle out, "Pig!" And Of course I think it's cute but, she just never stops yelling and crying!" Iris said in one breath.

He sped into the bathroom to brush his teeth and mouth wash. He washed his face and walked back into the room.

"I'm sorry I'm ranting about something silly. You're job is way harder." Iris scoffed at herself for being so inconsiderate of Barry.

"Being a mother is the hardest job anyone will have to do. And you're making it work Mrs. West-Allen." Barry smiles and lifts up the cover.

"Bar, you forgot to say goodnight to Nora." Iris said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Oh my goodness, how could I forget about her? That's just how tired I am. I would never forget about Nora bear." Barry put his hand on his head in distress.

"She was crying for you all day, saying, "dada! I want dada!" I wanted to FaceTime you but I knew you'd stop everything you were doing to talk to her." Iris smiled as Barry started to get out of bed.

"I'd stop time to talk to my little speedster." Barry smiled back as he opened the door and slowly walked out.

"Nora, baby." Barry whispered as he opened the nursery door and saw baby Nora slowly opening her eyes staring at the little flash crib mobile Barry made for her.

"Dada!" She said and clapped.

"Hey sleeping beauty." Barry approaches the crib and slowly takes her out and holds her in his arms and rocks her.

"I miss dada." She said into his chest as she drooled on it.

"Dada miss you too." Barry said as his voice cracked and his eyes filled with tears.

"Dada no cry." Baby Nora put her hands on his face and smiled a toothless smile.

"I know baby." Barry smiled and put his large hand on her little cheek.

"Sleepy time?" She asked as her green eyes looked into his.

"Yes sweetheart it's passed your sleepy time." Barry smiled and gave her a kiss.

"I love dada." Nora smiled as best as she could since she's so tired.

"Dada loves you too. And he wishes he could've been here today with you and mama." Barry strokes her little face with his rough hand.

"It ok dada." She smiled and kissed his hand.

"I love you Nora." Barry kisses her cheek and lifted her little blanket on top of her rising chest.

"Love dada." She sleepily smiled and yawned.

She instantly fell asleep and started to drool on his plushy toy. Barry smiled and said "I don't know where she gets her sleep habits from." Knowing it couldn't come from him or Iris.

He gently shut the door and walked back to the master bedroom.

"Babe are you okay? What's wrong?" Iris asked as Barry got in bed.

"I'm okay. I'm just away from you guys all day everyday. I miss you. Nora even said it to me." Barry sighed.

"But we know that the reason your gone all day is to protect us. Without you we'd been in grave danger." Iris smiled and snuggled up to him.

"With lives like ours, you never know what tomorrow is gonna bring. Even if any of us have exhausting days, we know it's worth it." Barry kisses her and said goodnight.

"Night bar. Love you." She kissed his jaw.

"Love you too Iris."