Gone

Iris' first day without Barry after the crisis.

She wakes up to silence. The only sounds she hears is the hustle and bustle of the city below her.

She turns in the bed to see no one there. Just an empty space.

Last night she held his pillow. She placed it in between her thighs and laid her head on it and sighed. The smell is what made her misty eyed. The smell of his soap and hair gel in one pillow. Her favorite scents that come off his lanky body.

She usually wakes up to him laying up looking at her. Kissing her awake. Massaging her butt till she wakes. Rubbing her awake. Farting her awake. Or cuddling her awake.
She missed that. She really did.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes and she took off the comforter and sat on the edge of her bed.

She hopped to her feet and went to the bathroom. She did her business and looked in the mirror. She didn't look the same as she did just hours ago.

She looked almost dead. Her black and blue baggy eyes. Her greasy face. Her chapped lips. Her messy hair. He still would've given her a kiss and told her everything is alright and that she was beautiful.

She took care of all her flaws and put on a little bit of makeup and brushes her teeth and hair. She looks like she's not broken.

She walked down stairs still in her pajamas because she decided to take off work for a while. Till she's recuperated. Her father thought it would be smart too.

She walked into the kitchen. She can't cook to save her life. Her husband usually cooked. A whole buffet just for them, every morning. It's quiet. Dark. Lonely.

He would always give her an extra sugar in her coffee because she was "his sugar." Although it sounds cliche, she took it to heart.

He would sit down with her at the table. They'd talk about what they had to do at Star labs that day. What new metas are on the loose. Any new stories to chase after. Anything on their minds.

After breakfast he'd clean up for them and tell her to sit on the couch and wait for him to be there. He'd clean the dishes and put them in the dishwasher.

She's go to the couch and turn on Saturday morning cartoons. He'd sit down with her and place her legs on his lap. She snuggle near him and sighed into his electric warmth.

He said "are babies will love Saturday morning cartoons." And he'd place his hand on her stomach.

She was pregnant. 2 months in. She didn't feel pregnant. But he never failed to make her remember that two little lives were depending on her.

She would get up and get dressed for the day. And go to work and then see him later.

That's all gone. Down the drain. Because he had to be a hero.

Everyone thought that Oliver Queen was the only hero that was destined to die in the crisis.

But it's his duty to protect her and the twins. And the city of course.

She made herself coffee and a bagel. Easy breakfast. It wasn't normal for her but she could get used to it. Eating less, working out more. It'll give her something to look forward to.

She went upstairs to get changed. She wore black pants with a yellow blouse with button up.

She walked downstairs and got her keys to go on a drive to clear her head.

She opened the door to see a police officer at her door.

"Ms. West?" Asked a police officer with a notepad in hand.

"Mrs. west-allen. Yes?" She said clearing her throat a little and squeaking that out.

"I'm afraid your husband had gone missing under the name of Bartholomew Allen?" Said the popover officer clarifying.

"Oh yes. I haven't heard from him." She said playing along sadly.

"We will keep you updated on your husband miss. I promise. We will find him." He rested his hand on her arm.

No one had touched her since him. Touching her hips and saying his goodbye before the reverse flash took him away.

"Iris don't cry. I won't be able to leave if you do." Barry held her face in his hands and pushed her flowing hair in the wind back.

"Barry you cant go. We need you. I need you." She cried.

"You're strong independent woman iris. You don't need me. You're going to be the best mother in the world. I promise." He kissed her head.

"I don't want to live without you." She cried.

"You must. You have babies. They need you." Barry smiled.

"Yeah. We do have babies together." She smiled up at him.

"Yes. And you'll tell them all my stories. Let them know that I love them so much." He cried too.

"I will. I promise." She looked him in the eye and kissed his lips.

Blank. She doesn't want to think about it.

The officer leaves and she sighs and walked back into her house. She is in no mindset to go anywhere. Let alone drive anywhere.

She passed by the table of all their pictures with each other on their wedding day.

He looked so happy. So...free.

She never saw him like that. So careless. So...loved.

She grabbed her phone and dialed his number. She decided to call him and leave a voicemail on his phone. She need to get some things off her chest.

"Hi baby. I miss you. Too much. I don't think it's very easy to make a new daily routine in the face of overwhelming odds.

It's not fun. It's scary. Thinking you may never come back. And I still haven't written my article yet. I guess it's already done for us anyway so...

Barry. I love you. I don't just love you, I worshipped you. You see my light. My life was hard before I met you. Before I dated you. And you changed everything in my life to make me better.

I love everything about you.

Your perfect hair. Your beautiful eyes. Your adorable smile. Your broad shoulders. You big biceps. Your large hands. Your hard abs. Your scrawny hips. Your chicken thighs. Your birth marks everywhere. Your big feet. Your converse and vans. Your jeans that don't fit you. Your t shirt that wrap yours arms oh so well. Your flash suit that makes you look so hot. Your voice rumbling when I lay on your chest. Your heartbeat beating for me. You arms wrapping around me. Your cute butt making anything but cute smells. Your whispers. And your compassion. Your love.

I will always remover you and kiss you. Everything about you.

I love you Bartholomew Henry Allen."

She sent it to his mail box and smiled slightly. She shakily key out a breath and said "I'm gonna be okay."

And picked up a picture of the whole family even the Star labs crew and settled on his face next to hers. "We're gonna be okay. I know it." And she touched her stomach.