Say goodbye, Barry

This title is similar to a book I read. Just thought it was an appropriate name.

April 24, 2024.

Iris tried not to wake up to the sounds of police sirens and fire trucks. Barry slept through them being the heavy sleeper he is. Iris didn't want him to wake up to the sounds.

Over the years she understood after sex Barry wouldn't go to sleep, He'd usually stay up talking to her making jokes about the awesome sex they had. But last night was different.

After they finished up doing their thing, Iris requested for him to hold her in his arms. Iris knew he would never pass up a time to cuddle with her in his arms so he obliged.

Iris loved being in Barry's arms, especially because they were huge. Her face touching his big biceps are her favorite part. Just feeling him next to her or him being in the same room as her, she feels protected, and safe.

She knew that after today, she wouldn't have that protection anymore. Neither would their daughter.

Over the years, iris realized that Barry was a hard and heavy sleeper. The man likes his sleep after a exhausting day as a husband, a father, a CSI, a friend, and most of all: a superhero.

Iris didn't mind it, she could do anything to him in his sleep and he wouldn't even stir. He'd just keep snoring softly.

One time, iris woke up early and played with him while he slept. She played with his hair, his stubble, his biceps, and most of all his southern region. This was one of the only times Iris could show her love for Barry without their daughter crying of PDA. She understood that though, after being married for 7 years they still act like they're on their honeymoon.

Iris noticed that Barry didn't wake up to sirens or alarms, he only woke up to Iris voice. And Nora. He only woke up to the things that made him feel so happy. His girls.

He always calls them his. They have each other but together, they're his. They're his light when the world grows dark. The laughter through the pain. How could he loose them now?

Iris said "Barry. Honey wake up." Because she knew he had to do something with all the wailing outside.

"Iris? What's wrong? Are you okay? Is Nora okay?" Barry asked immediately wanted to know if her and Nora were safe.

"I'm fine sweetie. Nora's in her room still asleep." Iris smiled softly and combed his hair.

"Oh thank god." Barry breathed out and held his heart. "I thought something happened to one of you." Barry closed his eyes and breathed in and out.

"I'd never let anyone take me or her away from you." Iris kissed his lips and nuzzled her nose to his.

"What is that?" Barry asked himself as he got out of bed only in boxers that were half way off his waist.

Iris blushed at the sight when he opened their curtains. His face turned blank with horror and disbelief as he saw the chaos outside.

"Iris come now." Barry simply said.

Iris walked over to the window he looked out of. He looked at her for a second only in one of his big t-shirts that reach her thighs. He quickly grabbed onto her waist tightly in attempt to show her she's safe with him... not for long.

Barry looked at her with a knowing look. He shook his head with his mouth open implying that he has to go. That was when he saw red lightning streak across the city and realized that was the problem.

Reverse flash. Barry cursed in his mind and closed his eyes to say a prayer. This was the day. Barry didn't even realize it yet. He didn't realize today was his death day. Most people go their whole lives not knowing when they'd pass to the next life... but Barry was different.