Talk to you tomorrow

Based on Jim and Pam Halpert's Fight In season 9. If you haven't seen and don't wanna spoil, don't read.

When Barry is stuck at work, he depends on Iris to film Nora's dance recital. When she fails to do that, Barry gets stressed and angry at her on the phone.

The next day after Nora's first ballet dance recital Iris was so proud of her. She went to show her friend Linda the video.

"Hey Linda, wanna see a video of Nora's at her first recital last night?" Iris asked pulling out her phone.

"Sure." Linda shrugged and turned her way.

"Wait what! It didn't record? Ugh it must be because of that phone call I took." Iris scolded herself.

"Wow Iris, your phone call was more important than your daughter?" Scoffed Iris' other coworker, Mason.

"It was an...important phone call." Iris said sadly.

-

Later that day at 5 when she was about to leave, she got a call from her husband Barry.

She smiled to herself and answered "hey."

"Hey." He said back, sounding stressed.

"So how's it going?" Iris asked starting the conversation.

"I almost got fired today because I left for flash duties. Singh is just so pissed, I'm on very thin ice." Barry said brushing his hands through his hair.

Iris heard how stressed he was and said "I'm so sorry."

"I have no idea what he's gonna do next. I have to work insanely hard over the next few weeks." Barry puffed out air.

Iris sighed and said "Oh, I'm sorry. I feel like you've already been working insanely hard."

"Can you figure out how to upload Nora's dance recital? I definitely could use a pick-me-up." Barry said hoping to see his daughter that he missed.

"Um, actually, funny story -- I didn't get it. I shouldn't have been so cocky about my rectangle-holding skills after all." Iris chuckled, not thinking it was that bad.

Barry sighed audibly and said "You're not serious, are you? You didn't get any of the recital?"

Iris was taken aback by his serious tone. "No, I got the teacher introducing them and then the applause afterwards. But not so much of the middle part."

"Come on, Iris. I asked you if you could use the phone, and you swore that you knew how." Barry Said starting to get agitated.

"Yeah, okay, I'm sorry. I'm sure we can get a copy. A lot of people were taping it, Barry." Iris said with a scoff, thinking little.

"Oh, great. So we'll see somebody else's kid with Nora in the background? I mean, it's really not that hard to film a video." Barry said as iris took a long pause to answer.

"Is there-- um... you want to ease up a little bit? I tried as best I could." Iris said getting nervous.

"Look, Iris, I don't know what to tell you. I mean, what do I do? It's gone. That moment's just gone. I missed it." Barry said quickly.

"I don't know, Barry -- maybe you should have been there." Iris shot back.

"You're not serious, right? I mean, how is that fair? I'm at work. Two work places. There isn't even a work place for flash duty. How am I supposed to manage that! You agreed to this after we had Nora." Barry said.

"You know what? I-- I-- I don't think you want to start a conversation with me about what's fair. Okay? This is way more intense than I ever --" Iris was cut off.

"Iris, I'm not explaining this to you-- Iris, I'm not going over this again." Barry said angrily.

Joe came into Barry's lab and asked for him to come down.

Barry sighed and waved him away.

"I don't know how else to tell you, okay? I'm doing everything I can every week to bring home money for our family."

I am-- I am-- I am trying to make everything perfect here, okay? So stop! Stop thinking about you! Doing everything for you!" Iris got emotional.

"I'm doing this just for me? Is that what I'm doing? I'm doing it just for me. If that's what you think, then this is a really sad night. But you know what? I got to go. Okay?"

"Yep." Iris started to cry.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yep. I'll talk to you tomorrow." She sighed.

"Okay I'll talk to your tomorrow." Barry said.

"Bye." Iris said after Barry hung up without saying bye.

She started to break down quietly and put her hands on her face so no one in the room could see her.

"Are you okay?" Asked Scott Evan, senior coordinator.

"What am I doing wrong Scott?" Iris asked her voice failing.

"Nothing you're doing the best you can." Scott rubbed her back.

"It's a rough situation, alright?" Scott sighed.

"It's getting tougher. I didn't think it would get this hard." She cried.

"It'll be okay." Scott assured her.