Screwed up

When iris gets her first boyfriend in high school and asks her to senior Prom, he gets jealous and his feelings get the best of him.

Barry was sitting at his locker getting his books for the afternoon after lunch. After he closed his locker he saw someone face that he didn't recognize and was a bit spooked.

"Can I help you?" Asked Barry shyly.

"Hi, I'm Eddie Thawne. I'm new to Central City." He stick out his hand.

"Hi Eddie I'm Barry Allen." Barry shook his hand.

"I met your good friend Iris West and-" Barry cut him off.

"I'm not helping you ask her out." Barry said seriously.

This has happened before.

"Oh no, I already asked her out, we're going to Senior Prom together." He said with a smile and Barry was shocked.

Barry wen got prom with Iris last year platonically because he didn't have a date and she lost hers.

"Oh um- okay." Barry nodded trying not to ask jealous yet.

"I was wondering if you could ask her what color dress she wearing so I could match my tie with it?" He asked hopefully.

"Uh Yeah sure. I'll get back to you on that." Barry nodded and smiled.

"Thanks Barry. That means a lot. And I know you like live with her so it'll be quicker." Eddie chuckled.

"Uh Yeah. I'll ask." Barry nodded and walked away with a pang in his chest.

Of course she's going to prom with a real date. She would never ask him again. Of course, a y'all buff blonde kid whose new and everyone is interested in.

Barry silently walked down the hall way to see Iris at her locker getting books when she stopped him.

"Hi Bare!" She smiled.

"Uh Hi." He said uncomfortably.

"What's up? Where you going?" She asked leaning against her locker.

"English. We have it in 3 minutes. Don't wanna be late." Barry said with a fake smile.

"Are you okay?" She put a hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

"Y-Yeah I'm good. I'll see you later Alright?" Barry said as he walked away fast.

Iris thought of all the things she did wrong and she didn't think anything would of hurt Barry. Unless someone else did.

-

At home Barry picked himself in his room. Working. Crying. Working and watching Tv.

Iris had tried to check on him multiple times but he immediately said that he was fine. Of course she didn't believe him but she didn't want to budge.

Barry finally came down stairs when his red eyes were gone from crying so much.

"Hey Barry are you okay?" She asked as she got up from the couch.

"Y-Yeah." Barry said as he went into the kitchen.

"Please tell me what's wrong Bare. I'm sorry for whatever I did." She said as she put her hand on his shoulder from behind.

"Iris you don't understand. You don't." Barry's lip quivered as he tried not to burst into tears.

"What don't I understand?" She asked as she rubbed her hands up and down his arms.

"You Just don't alright!" Barry yelled as he ran back to his room.

"What's up?" Joe Asked as he walked through the door.

Iris stood in her spot shocked. "I don't know what's wrong with Barry. He's so upset with me and won't tel me why." Iris sighed and walked to her dad.

"I'll talk to him." Joe walked up stairs.

Joe knocked on the door and Barry immediately said "Iris Please go away." With shakiness in his voice.

"Son it's me." Said said softly into his door.

"Come in." Barry said as he sat on his bed.

"Bare, Tell me what's wrong. Why are you ignoring iris now." Joe Asked sitting next to Barry.

"A new kid at school named Eddie Thawne is taking Iris to Senior Prom. I know we only went together last year because she lost her date but I just thought since she hadn't had one we could go again. But now she's going with this guy she just met the other day." Barry ranted.

"Bare, you need to tell her." Joe rested his hand on Barry's shoulder as Barry leans into him.

"I can't Joe. She'll hate me." Barry sobbed.

"Barry, I know my daughter, I've seen her look at you, I've heard her talk to you. You two have something special. She can't fight it." Joe smiles and kissed Barry's head.

"Maybe. But how do I tell her?" He asked clearing his tears.

"Just come right out and tell her. Go down. She needs to see you." Joe nodded as Barry got him.

"Okay." Barry sighed. "Okay I'll go." Barry said as he walked down stairs to see iris on the couch.

"Iris?" Barry asked as he sat next to her.

"What is wrong with you." Iris asked as she looked up at him with teary eyes.

"Iris I need to talk to you." Barry sighed.

"What could you possibly want to tell me. That your ignoring me." Iris said angrily.

"I would've told you but-" Iris interrupted.

"But you're being a jerk." Iris said.

"No! I love you!" Barry said aggressively.

"W-What?" She asked quietly.

"I love you Iris. I've always loved you. Since I moved in." Barry cried.

"Barry, I-I love you too." She smiled and brought his head up to look at her.

"R-really?" He sniffled.

"Yeah." She smiled.

"Iris c-can I kiss you?" Barry said into her eyes.

"Yes." She smiled as they leaned in and kissed each other.

Barry has never felt so happy.

"Prom?" He asked with a smile.

"I'd love to."