Dad 101

Barry visits Henry in prison to tell him the good news. Henry gives him fatherly advice.

"Hey dad." Barry smiled as his father took a seat in front of him on the other side of the glass.

"Good morning son. You look very happy?" He smiled back and fiddled with the phone line.

"I am ecstatic." Barry breaths out and looks around thinking this is a dream.

"What for?" He asked Barry.

"Iris is pregnant dad. We're having a baby. My child, your grandchild." Barry said not believing it.

"Oh my goodness! That's amazing! How's Iris doing? Where is she?" Henry asked with a glow coming from him.

"She's at Star labs being tested more if the baby is a meta or not." Barry said nodding.

"Oh that's good. I'm so proud of you son. I remember I told you that one day I hoped you'd be a father and...  I guess both of our dreams came true." Henry sighed happily.

"I'm so scared dad. What if I'm a bad father. What if I'm never around because my two jobs." Barry said pushing his hair back out of his face.

"Barry, I've seen how you treat all the people around you... with respect. You treat everyone you meet with loyalty and honestly and kindness, how could you think that you'd treat your own baby differently?" Henry asked.

"You're right." Barry nodded.

"Go, go be with Iris. She needs you right now." Henry shooed him off.

"You sure?" Barry asked

"Of course." Henry nodded.

"I'll be back soon dad." Barry smiled and hung up the phone.

-

2 months later...

"Hey dad." Barry smiled uncontrollably fiddling with his phone on the side of the glass.

"How are you son? How's Iris' pregnancy." Henry asked with a smile.

"It's been hard. She's so tough though." Barry sighed in reliefs.

"Hmm, it would be easier now, later it will get more painful?" Henry Said unsurely.

"That's because Iris' pregnancy is a bit different than moms was. We're having twins." Barry chuckled.

"You're having what!" Henry Said excitedly.

"Me and Iris are having twins dad." Barry said so happily.

"That's amazing son. I'm so happy for you and iris. Starting a family. It's not as easy as you think." Henry sighed.

"I know that." Barry nodded understandingly.

"What are the genders?" Asked Henry curiously.

"One boy, one girl. I get the best of both worlds. I get a little guy to teach how to play football like you taught me, and a little girl who I can play dress up with. My life seems to be pretty amazing right now." Barry said with tears in his eyes.

"Oh son. That's wonderful."

"I just- how do I do this? How can I be a good father to both a boy and a girl. That's a hard combination." Barry sighed and brushed his hair with his fingers.

"Well for the little boy: you have a be gentle, you have make sure he knows that you can play rough sometimes but sometimes you have to be respectful. He needs to know that you'll keep him safe and always worry about him no matter what. He just needs your trust and your confidence in him." Henry Said.

Barry nodded for him to go on.

"And for the little girl: don't make her feel like she always has to be protected, sure you have to make her feel safe but let her go on her own sometimes. She needs to know that's he can do anything and nothings holding her back. You have to be prepared for feelings. I know you're pretty good with handling that so you should be fine. But she will come to you or Iris about things you've never experienced before. Things are different for girls than they are for boys, it can be more challenging. But You have to make sure she knows that you can still help." Henry Said.

"Thanks dad. That really helps. I'm so happy and excited for you to meet them when they're born." Barry smiles and leaned back on his chair.

"I love you son."
"I love you too dad."