Why?

Miscarriage.

He knew she was gone. That she wasn't gonna be in this crazy world. If they tried again and got a baby, it wouldn't be the same baby girl that they thought that's had.

As they got ready for bed, they got dressed in different rooms. Barry sled into his clothes in the nursery they would have had.

Iris likes to buy knew toys and decorations for it sometimes. Unisex things, In case it's a boy or a girl.

They'd tried last week, they decided to wait a little till they checked to see if it was positive. But now they know that, just because it says positive doesn't mean it will stay that way.

When they left the hospital after the tragic news, Iris didn't say another word until they got home. She just stared blankly at the windshield and held Barry's hand.

Barry was trying to talk to her and tell her that everything's gonna be okay, but he couldn't convince her. He couldn't convince himself.

Losing a baby when you haven't even seen it yet, is scary. It's terrible. It's scarring.

In bed tonight, Barry spooned Iris and massages her thighs. She didn't feel sexual, and neither did he. She's been on her feet so much with the CCC that she needed a muscle break.

She cuddled close into his chest as he rested his chin in the crook of her neck.

"Babe?" Iris said below a whisper.

"Yes honey?" Barry said a bit louder than her.

She paused for a second and closed her eyes. "What is it?" Barry asked as gently as possible.

"Why?" Iris turned to him and asked. Barry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

He rubbed her arms up and down as she swallowed hard.

"Why, what?" Barry asked genuinely confused.

"Why. Why did this happen to us? Did we not go to church enough, did I eat the wrong pregnancy foods, did she not like me?" Iris asked as her voice broke and she started breathing heavily.

"Iris no, no." Barry closed his eyes and quickly held onto her tight.

"I don't get it Barry. We're good people. You're a superhero for crying out loud!" Iris chuckled a little and Barry kissed her head.

"Iris, if isn't our fault. God just decided he needed another little angel. Our baby is an angel." Barry strokes her hair.

"She is. She's my angel. Our angel." Iris sobbed.

"That's right. And would you rather her come in this world sick and scared, than have her be safe in the hands of god and be eternally happy?" Barry let a few tears slip.

"You're right. I just want a baby so bad bar." Iris cried even more and soaked Barry's shirt.

"It's gonna work out Iris. Iris, I promise, we will have a baby. No doubt." Barry tilted up her chin and smiled.

"Okay." She smiled and nodded a little.

"Just hold me." She whispered.

"Of course I'm gonna hold my wife." Barry said obviously.